Im going crazy

aroracer72

#21 Post by aroracer72 »

OOhhh just the DOODLE MASTER 2006 series 530943094 EXCEL!!!! ....lmao........i actually did a little drafting before...and this was jsut a doodle...but ill be making more accurate drawings.
CHAD

Jman

#22 Post by Jman »

coool man! just messin! I gotta get that program!biggrin.gif

aroracer72

#23 Post by aroracer72 »

YEAH!!!!.......its only 100 dollars, you get like...50 sheets of paper and 8....i repeat....EIGHT different colored oencils and a ruler. It really is state of the art.
CHAD

Jman

#24 Post by Jman »

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif I'm in, where do I sign up?

aroracer72

#25 Post by aroracer72 »

Just head over to Never Ever Land...and pick up the program from Dumbies R' Us
CHAD

Exodus

#26 Post by Exodus »

The more I think about this the more I'm going to try it. I need to take my motor down anyhow so I just as well try this little experiment out. Next stop EBAY. LOL

BTW, if it works it will be all my idea. LOL

If it doesnt, aroracer is to blame, it was him! LOL

aroracer72

#27 Post by aroracer72 »

NEVER!!!!!...this is my idea!!!!...im a young man trying to make a name...this may be one of my clame's to fame on this site!!!!.......umm......ill put potatoes in your exhaust pipes if you steal my idea!!!!!.... tongue.gif ...no but give it a shot...iof it works..then there will be two successful turn outs of my idea!!!!
CHAD

walsh450rmx21

#28 Post by walsh450rmx21 »

well after i get going im going to try and find a cheap fx400 or somthing for like 2500 or so and i have a older cr500 im going to put in one..
and my grampa is a custom fab guy so he can make the brackets..tongue.gif

440EX4ME

#29 Post by 440EX4ME »

You know I have not been around this site for a while (been busy with the whole political thing here in NJ, www.offroadnj.com for anyone wanting to help open up legal ride areas etc) and this is the first thread I opened, and oh what a thread lol.

I looked over that original drawing a few times (please get help next time so its easier to figure out) and thought about it all in my head several times, and it seems like you should be able to get this idea to work, and I guess anything is possible etc.

Heck a good 250-500cc 2stroke could even perform well in the dale frame (sure it wont be anything like the original engineers were wanting during all the many hours designing the 4stroke dale engines etc) but after this point I keep coming up with how much fabrication will be required to not only fit the engine but all of the drive modifications too.

So what I came up with in the end was a couple of questions.

Will this swap or a similar engine work?

Will it actually be worth the efforts in the end?

Not to upset anyone but I dont come up with yes on both questions, and I think the "juice isnt worth the squeeze" on the second question since the engine that was made for that frame is a real performer, and can be made to make some serious power, and with some help it can also be made much more reliable than many found the older engines.

Ultimately I keep thinking if the amount of effort required for the swap (done right of course) was put into the existing engine there wouldnt be a need for the swap in the first place.

I know I have not posted here in a long time, and dont want to come off as a "know it all" or whatever, but I also remember the power that those things can make and all the progress that people were seeing from updating the various parts that were known to cause problems for some.

Even though I am a fan of the 4stroke I can still appreciate and enjoy a well tuned 2stroke (there really is nothing like riding one on the pipe or cycling etc) but somehow think this machine is really going to be better with the thumper.

And since we touched on the 2 v 4 issue ever think of it as liking both blondes and brunettes, and just that the way one rides seems to suit you better smile.gif

440EX4ME

#30 Post by 440EX4ME »

Oh and lots of luck with the project if you do it, and I would deffinately look forward to seeing how it works out, and what unexpected things popped up etc.