Thanks Haydug

Delaware152

Thanks Haydug

#1 Post by Delaware152 »

After having some problems with a couple motors a few weeks ago I had to get in contact with Doug. After some planning and making him aware of what I thought I needed for parts to fix THREE motors my dad went on a trip to Ohio. He dropped the motors off Tuesday afternoon and picked all THREE up Thursday afternoon. These were not simple fixes as they needed top ends and a FALICON was installed in one. I don't think there are many shops that would have this fast of a turnaround. I believe this is what can happen when things are PLANNED in advance. This is not the first time I have received this type of service from HAYDUG CYCLES and it will not be the last. Thanks again and see you when they quit!! lol

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Everyone should take a lesson from this guy:

I have rebuilt several of his motors, with his ATK being one of these 3. However, his bill on it was a whopping $35 in parts.
Why??? Well, I will say he is very lucky one: but when he heard it making a strange noise, he stopped running it. Seemed 2 bolts had backed out in the motor, 1 rubbing the clutch basket, the other flying recklessly throughout the engine. I'm sure if after hearing this noise, or not being familiar enough with his engine to hear the noise, he would have kept riding it (note to self next 6 hour race!) that this would have been a catrisphofic failure. Seeing how the bolts were for an important oil bridge/timing chain adjuster, you can imagine what it would have looked like after starving for oil, bolt ratting around through all of the oil pump gears, etc. etc.
I have also heard of Jfarrar make the same comment before: "I heard something strange, and shut it down" . I could go on and tell you of some more "near mishaps" with little problems, but the moral is to "get to know you're engine". Sometimes they need alittle love and attention.

OH, and no problem JT. Glad to help you out. Now, next time at Buds, when ****** tells you to jump something, he means JUMP iT!! :drink:

badvox

#3 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by haydug
Everyone should take a lesson from this guy:

with his ATK being one of these 3. However, his bill on it was a whopping $35 in parts.
Why???  Well, I will say he is very lucky one: but when he heard it making a strange noise, he stopped running it. Seemed 2 bolts had backed out in the motor:drink:

No say it isnt so? I thought they did the engine updates and locktited everything?

Well good lesson for us newbs.

~mike :mad: