Random Race

CannondaleRider

Random Race

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

krash, AMRsCdale450grl, and I were supposed to go WATCH the Best in the Desert race in Nevada..the Henderson Terribles 300. Our race partner Jeremy and another of his race Partners are racing in it on a DS650 Baja.

It was still planned for us to leave after I get out of school, TRY to get to the riders meeting, and watch the race on Saturday....until

I get a call from krash at about 8:00 this morning saying he needed 3 things; for me to get some money, obtain the ability to get checked out tomorrow, and to get my gear ready.

We're leaving at 1:00 tomorrow, and we're racing with a guy we've never raced with, on a DS650 we've never seen, nor rode....let alone ANY DS650, neither of us have rode one.

Wish us luck...its gonna be a challenge

300 miles......its gonna be great!!!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats really cool!I bet you do real well.Keep us updated.

twisted

#3 Post by twisted »

Hey! Sneak a cannondale sticker with you, then put it on the ds when you leave the starting line, and then win!

hehe, that'll make cannondale owners happy:) good luck

theJeStEr1340

#4 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

good luck!

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

AMRgrl isn't going due to other "plans"....but she'll be here most of the time, so I'm gonna TRY to get her to post updates throughout the race.

I'll just call her and let her know, and hopefully nothings lost in translation:eek:

P.S. I'm so freakin excited

AMRsCdale450grl

#6 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
AMRgrl isn't going due to other "plans"....but she'll be here most of the time, so I'm gonna TRY to get her to post updates throughout the race.

I'll just call her and let her know, and hopefully nothings lost in translation:eek:

My "other plans" are... working... so that you two can go play! tongue.gif So, you're welcome, sh*thead.. And you won't have to beat me up to get me to post updates for ya... I'll gladly let everybody know how you guys are doing.. wink.gif

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

That sounds AWESOME!!! I could never pass on an opportunity like that! Go Get 'Em!! Ya' DS Rider!

AMRsCdale450grl

First update

#8 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Well, CannondaleRider and krash just called me from Henderson.. They just finished up getting registered for the race and they are on their way to the rider's meeting..

They are gonna be lining up for their race at about 6:30 tomorrow morning, so I'll probably have another update for you guys in the mornin'!

AMRsCdale450grl

Update

#9 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Good mornin'...Well, sorry if this is really brief, but Chance and krash will probably write a race report with all the good details.. smile.gif

I got a call from CannondaleRider a few minutes ago. The guy who owns the DS, Todd, was the first one to take off at about 7:10am (their time?). And krash is getting ready, cause he's up next! Both krash and CannondaleRider should be running 35-mile laps..

I'll keep you posted! biggrin.gif

TucsonCannibal

#10 Post by TucsonCannibal »

God, I'm envious! That would be so much fun! Good luck to them both!