yet another problem.....

kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

We use to light up VW engines in the old days. It could light up a whole 1/2 a square mile easily. I've seen this done in Cali as well in the dunes. Of course we cleaned up the residual mess the next day..... (not much left)

Smitty911

Burning MAG.

#12 Post by Smitty911 »

I work at a testing lab and most of our fixture are made from plate mag. I have hundreds of pounds avalible to smoke. For some big fun throw water at it. Please stand at least 1/4 mile away while doing this.

Smitty

440EX4ME

Re: Burning MAG.

#13 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by Smitty911
I work at a testing lab and most of our fixture are made from plate mag.  I have hundreds of pounds avalible to smoke.  For some big fun throw water at it. Please stand at least 1/4 mile away while doing this.

Smitty

Since mine is air cooled I never even thought of the material, but this 1/4 mile warning has me thinking it should be a blast biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

Gotta get Jess to pee on it.

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Gotta get Jess to pee on it.

I'm a pretty good aim but I don't think I could hit it from 1/4 mile away.

jesshamner

#16 Post by jesshamner »

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Man this problem has been repeated by motor manufacturers since way back in the 60's!You would think that the engineering schools would stress it a little more.Another first for the Cannondale team and great business for Evans and whoever makes aluminum covers.Now bad part is I have to warn my boss at shop about it(suzuxi dealer).Most quads are sitting now for the winter and owners wont be happy to know the corrosion is happening even just sitting there.We are also very busy with snowmobiles.I sure hope Suzuki doesnt wait for warrantees to run out over winter to notify people of this.

badvox

#18 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Man this problem has been repeated by motor manufacturers since way back in the 60's!You would think that the engineering schools would stress it a little more.Another first for the Cannondale team and great business for Evans and whoever makes aluminum covers.Now bad part is I have to warn my boss at shop about it(suzuxi dealer).Most quads are sitting now for the winter and owners wont be happy to know the corrosion is happening even just sitting there.We are also very busy with snowmobiles.I sure hope Suzuki doesnt wait for warrantees to run out over winter to notify people of this.

Now I have a dumb question for ya. Why would suzuki do any of this work under warranty? When i got my 05 ATK it had the green garbage coolant in it. Mind you this is definitely after they new about the corrosion it caused right. At this time they were already touting the aluminum cover and had posted articles about it. So whats the big deal?

~mike

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

ATK should never have sold a motor with magnesium cover or should have used Evans.No doubt.Pretty dumb move on there part.

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

That just adds to my theory that ATK is only in it for the money and doesn't really care about us too much.