My new quad

AZduner

#11 Post by AZduner »

I am actually on the outside of Tucson, I can get to Phoenix in about an hour or so... Where are good places to shop for parts? Do they make steering stabilizers for Cannondales?

azcannon

#12 Post by azcannon »

yes , I have a ohlins rotary and cannondalerhino has a denton I believe, I am looking for a scotts for my other quad

AZduner

#13 Post by AZduner »

I have a Denton on my desert quad. Where can I purchase a Denton stabilizer? Also do they make TC exhausts for Cannondales? I think I have seen one on here... If so where can I buy one? Srry about the dumb questions... im still trying to learn.

Exodus

#14 Post by Exodus »

I dont konw about the TC, but the HMF is what I am using and its a heck of a nice pipe. Seems to put out pretty reasonable horsepower. Brad at Black widow has one out now that I may end up buying early next year. It biult a little more for the 450's, but it would be cool to see how it works on a stock bore. Those are the two pipes I would look at first, they seem to be the hot ticket. Check with Haydug, Black widow, they have about anything you could want for a Cannondale, and they make this site happen. Timbo, Haydug and Blackwidow for engine biulding, theres others here that are very notable in biulding motors and make huge hp with them to. BTW, HMF still biulds pipes for Cannondales, not to many other pipe companies do that.

As for mods,

Look for the stage eight, necessity
Do a Z-400 bearing update on the crank, its worth the time to have it done
Get a D&M kit, its a must for a long term owner
Front motor mount update, necessity

Most important, ride it like it was biult to ride, dont pussyfoot around with it.

Oh ya, Welcome to the family.:usa

azcannon

#15 Post by azcannon »

I might not say necessity on the stage 8 but for sure a good loctite job,
z400 will save a crank if done before many hours but probably not worthwhile if you have 50 or so ( til you need a crank anyways),
motor mount yes on a ssm case .. YES ,
D & M can be got around if people close to you have one til you are ready to learn about mapping and stuff.
running a good synthetic oil is necessary
Doing a pre-ride check,checking joints and locknuts is a good idea
Wear a helmet ---necessity

J. Delaney

#16 Post by J. Delaney »

Changing the good synthetic oil frequently is necessary.

AZduner

#17 Post by AZduner »

I finally got my bike! It is soooo fast compared to my desert Blaster. I actually liked the suspension a lot, and i liked the travel that the bike has. Ive been looking around and I think that I'm going to get a steering stabilizer, an HMF pipe, and the Canniboomer airbox setup. I am going to need a D&M kit to setup my quad for all of the mods, so where can I get one and how much? Unless there are some ppl around here locally that could do it for me!?! I am planning on limiting my engine mods to those things, so I wont be messing around with the engine or FI after that... I have the ATK 450 engine with a high compression 450 cc piston that was installed after ATK was done with the kit. Luckily the quad already has the Stage 8 kit, so I only have to buy the aluminum valve cover. The quad also has nerfs, full sand tires, full skidplates, and several other small things...

azcannon

#18 Post by azcannon »

TucsonCannibal has one I am sure he can help you