Anyone have experience with this?

wanablaze

#11 Post by wanablaze »

Originally posted by haydug
Yeah, I use it while at the gym on the eliptical, but I'm wanting one to put on the bike now, that way while practicing I can keep an eye on it, then come home and download it to the computer. I will also be able to keep track of my progress that way. Hopefully I'll be able to run a full 2 hours without spiking my heart rate, and keeping energy reserved for the last 15 minutes.

Just to be sure I'm hearing this right, you want to run on a treadmill for two hours?

I've been running every day, trying to get a jumpstart for next season. I usually run in 40 min increments. How fast do you run?

haydug

#12 Post by haydug »

Thanks for the info, this is turning into a good thread.
I have a guy that starting telling me some stuff yesterday, he is a mountain biker, and knows what he is doing for sure. As for body fat, well, yes I could stand to loose some. I am trying to drop 15lbs by Feb. without starving.

Wanablaze, I really haven't spent much time on the treadmill, I have bad knees and after running they tend to swell and hurt. I am working on the Schwinn "arodyne" and the eliptical. At they gym I'm going to, we are only allowed 20 minutes per machine, so I'm up to almost 6 miles on the bike, and level 5 for 15 minutes then level 3 for 5 minutes on the eliptical. I also am weight training in between, but doing light weights and high reps. which also seems to keep the heart rate up.

AMRsCdale450grl

#13 Post by AMRsCdale450grl »

Originally posted by haydug
I am trying to drop 15lbs by Feb. without starving.  

You don't have to starve to loss weight.. thank goodness, huh?! The best thing to do for your body is to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day to keep your insulin levels normal (you don't want bi-polar insulin!).. cleaning up the diet is a plus, too, but you can really eat anything in MODERATION.

And your goal is very realistic.. I lost about 20 lbs. in 6 weeks just by controlling portion sizes, walking/jogging, and a little resistance training (That **** Freshman 15 creeped up on me in my Junior year..).

MichiganMXer722

#14 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

I know this varies from person to person but i still think the best training to stay in shape for racing is just running. I used to lift weights all winter but i'd still be out of shape by the time the first race came around. Last winter i just started running 3 miles 3-4 times a week. The first race of the year i was still slow:eek: but i sure wasn't tired!

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

... yo AZ, that Arizona sun has done wonders for your tan! :head: