Clutch or just plain slow dale compared to YFZ?!!!!

440rider

Clutch or just plain slow dale compared to YFZ?!!!!

#1 Post by 440rider »

Hey guys , I just got a yfz450 and was out yesterday comparing it to my dale and noticed that my dale felt like a dog compared to this stock yfz. Everytime i hopped back on the dale it seemed to just lug around i wasnt sure it was because this yfz was soo much faster or what. As i switched back and forth i noticed that my dale lacked speed and power and it revved up high but didnt show it in the performance. In first gear i couldnt even pull the front end off the ground you guys have any ideas one the the problem could be???? Could it be my clutch adjustment or slipping clutch..I'm running a stock clutch that was in it from 02(cable clutch not hydrolic) never replaced.. and i'm running a a works perch. IF YOU GUYS THINK IT'S THE CLUTCH ANY TIPS FOR PROPER ADJUSTMENT OR IS IT TIME FOR NEW PLATES. If not the clutch what else could it possibly be? Thanks

Cannondale88

#2 Post by Cannondale88 »

Wow, Must be something...I could pull mine off the ground like untill 4th gear...with a 14t front sprocket...

SlOoT

#3 Post by SlOoT »

Indeed, 4th gear wheelies smile.gif smile.gif

It could be possible that there is something wrong with the clutch, coz it revs high and doesn't go fast. I think that some new plates and maybe stiffer springs will solve the problem.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

could be clutch or cams. If the cam lobes are worn it will do just that. sad.gif

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Yes 4th gear wheelies with 14t here too. Definitely something wrong.

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

The first thing to check is the slack in the cable. There should be a little bit of slack in the cable. Then check out the clutch plates to see if they're burnt. While your at it, adjust the little adjuster doohickey (yes, that's the technical term for it) behind the pressure plate.

MichiganMXer722

#7 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

I think i have the same problem, revs to the moon but will not beat a 450r if its life depended on it. I"m going to rip my clutch apart here soon and figure it out. Makes me feel slow:cry:

440rider

#8 Post by 440rider »

here's pics of my clutch plates and the arm position..does anyone know what I would use to do the adjustment behind the pressure plate in the manual it calls for a special pair of pliers or so. Anyone have any more input on this matter. Tks

440rider

#9 Post by 440rider »

arm position...what tool is needed to adjust the arm from behind the clutch plates?

c41xracer

#10 Post by c41xracer »

good question, is there any way to adjust your clutch at all?When i shift mine into 1st it jumps forward and i want to stop that.Do i need a new clutch?