BE CAREFUL--Watch This

Cannondale88

BE CAREFUL--Watch This

#1 Post by Cannondale88 »

http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media....6C9-445D-B97D-1

Watch that...Being careful can save lifes.'

Train hitting jeep trying to cross rail road tracks in Glamis!

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

fake

that would have been pretty stupid to do though.

Brad Oakley

#3 Post by Brad Oakley »

I was at Glamis on Thursday (12/29.) Looks like the real deal to me! With the short wheelbase of a jeep I could see it getting stuck on the rails - especially since the rail line down there is really built up to help keep drifting sand from covering the rails!

Trains run through there about every 20 minutes. Not a lot of time to correct something stupid like that!

banzairx7

#4 Post by banzairx7 »

Doubt it's fake. Not enough carnage to make faking it worthwhile. I was surprised at how little damage was done to the jeep. I expected it to be just a little cube smile.gif

edit: Just did some searching. Video is real and it happened some time in 02

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by banzairx7
Doubt it's fake. Not enough carnage to make faking it worthwhile. I was surprised at how little damage was done to the jeep. I expected it to be just a little cube smile.gif

Thats why I figure its fake. Little to no impact damage to the jeep. And you would expect the train to be blaring the horn and slamming on the brakes as it was approaching the jeep.

Brad Oakley

#6 Post by Brad Oakley »

1) Jeeps are small, light and solidly built. The train just knocked it off the rails. Besides, the side that got hit appears to be on the ground. We don't know what it looks like!

2) Slamming on the brakes for a train is almost forbidden now-a-days. Too much chance for derailment or fusing the wheels to the rails if the wheels lock up. Locomotives are built to withstand tremendous collision forces. It's safer - in most cases - to just drive the train right through the obstruction and then slow and stop the train gradually. If the train stops in a panic situation it could take days to get it going again. Just think what it would take to raise and re-grind every wheel to make them round again. Then there's damage to the rails, plus lost revenue from having to take the line out of service while the mess is cleaned up.

Whenever you cross a rail line you take your chances. The train is NOT going to stop for you!