New 03

fyrmedic

#11 Post by fyrmedic »

I also have an early model 02, and have had no probs.. well.. just holding on!!! seriously, Slim, once you get one.. it will all be worth it. Don't be too upset with some of the probs, just do the updates, and you'll be fine. I know of many Hondas, Yammys, etc. that have many probs, so it is really about the same. Keep an eye here, there are a lot of great ppl here to help with whatever you need!!

drbowtie

#12 Post by drbowtie »

Hmmmmm,

What an interesting thread... It always amazes me how many diffent views we all have. I can't not agree with any of your views. I just like to ride. Taking things apart always seems to cost me more than I figured. I just know how I felt when I discovered that my machine already had the stud update and then I found out that my machine had the black powdercoated valve cover to eliminate the pitting from the prestone and then to find out that I also had the most up to date. (don't have to alter) mapping.

I sat back... Smiled... and had a beer! It was great! I can't tell you how great it was to know that I did not have to take my brand new machine apart. That's why I advocate the newer unit. You just never know what you are going to get when you buy someone elses machine...

But, I've got a couple of bucks to buy the right unit... So, if you gots the beans... Buy new! If you don't, get the 02 with that production date window.

dawzie

#13 Post by dawzie »

I know this guy in NJ that had a '03 cannibal with all the updates done. He is a member here, James ##### the pound is 5 numbers that he had after his name