Need opinions on engine work.

chigger81

#11 Post by chigger81 »

I was in your position about a year ago and I chose to get a stock bore stroker from timbo. He will do all or part of the motor work. He will stand behind everything he does and make things right with you if somthing goes wrong. Its been a good motor so far and Im very very impressed with the power.

With the fx, you will want to fix the crank, get the stage 8 update, have someone machine the case for a new style main bearing, check the other bearings, put on a metal coolant impellar(option), and have someone look over the decompression mech. Do all that and the motor should be tight. plus you will be able to run any kind of coolant you want without corrosion.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

It will stay plenty reliable especially if you keep the mice out of it!

chigger81

#13 Post by chigger81 »

haha Ill share that in a little bit, once I get a picture so someone will believe me. biggrin.gif

z-mann

#14 Post by z-mann »

Originally posted by chigger81
I was in your position about a year ago and I chose to get a stock bore stroker from timbo. He will do all or part of the motor work. He will stand behind everything he does and make things right with you if somthing goes wrong. Its been a good motor so far and Im very very impressed with the power.

With the fx, you will want to fix the crank, get the stage 8 update, have someone machine the case for a new style main bearing, check the other bearings, put on a metal coolant impellar(option), and have someone look over the decompression mech. Do all that and the motor should be tight. plus you will be able to run any kind of coolant you want without corrosion.

Do you mind sending me a pm at what all that cost you? I basicly had something like that in mind myself. Also, where do you ride at in MO? I live a bit south of St. Louis. Thanks everyone for all the replies.