GNC Round #1

badvox

#11 Post by badvox »

I was hoping to see a cdale out there but didnt see not a one. sad.gif

tat

#12 Post by tat »

Not that it matters, but this story is really cool. In 1997 I decided to build a custom racer, something no-one had built before. I talked Darrin Nacarato of Nacs racing, Wayne at PEP and Ellis when he worked for Laegers about building a LT500 Pro-Trax. After about 2 months of debating I made the call to Nacs and got the ball rolling. We finished the quad right before the start of the 98 season. I was going to ride the Open-A class. I was talking with Ellis over the phone 1 night and a idea popped in my head, maybe Ellis would ride it in the Open Pro class against Spader and the famous Duncan Banshee. So I mentioned it to him and he was like I dont know. ! week before the opening round in London, KY the phone rings, it was Ellis, he wanted to know if the offer still stood, sure did. Guys I will tell you one thing it sure does something to a man to see his quad flying a couple hundred feet over the table of 2 at London. Anyway, 1st heat of open pro, gate drops, Ellis with the holeshot, then nothing, no quad, no Ellis. I started to get a little worried. So I hopped on my buddies quad and around the track I went, about half way over the hill here comes Ellis pushing the quad. He said the clutch burnt up and wanted to know if we had another to put in it. So we get it back to the trailer and he takes off back to his rig. Im not expecting him to return until the next day, but to my surprise he comes right over after the 1st pro heat and changes the complete clutch for me. Moral of the story: Kory Ellis is one stand up guy. Probably the nicest at the track. Plus he is a old Cannondale man.

dsracer666

#13 Post by dsracer666 »

I've met doug and he was a super nice guy to me! he sat and talked with me for a little while.

as for the qualifyer GO JOE Haavisto #75, home town hero!

you guys just watch for creamer #270 when he heals (in about 4 weeks). hes just as fast as haavisto.

UpsMan

Doug Gust

#14 Post by UpsMan »

I watched Doug Gust sign autographs for the kids at a local wisconsin race last year, he didn't look like a prick to me. He really whipped *** on the track that day too. Runkel was there too. I think Daryl Rath was there also. What did he do that made you think he was a prick? Was he too busy to hold your hand? When I saw him he signed autographs for everyone that wanted one, and made a lot of little kids(and big kids) real happy. The way it looked to me, he talked to anyone and everyone that came up to him. I didn't bother him because I figured he didn't need any racing advice from me, and he probably had things to do.

tat

#15 Post by tat »

Just the way he presented himself to me. Thats all.

theJeStEr1340

Re: Doug Gust

#16 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by UpsMan
I watched Doug Gust sign autographs for the kids at a local wisconsin race last year, he didn't look like a prick to me. He really whipped *** on the track that day too. Runkel was there too. I think Daryl Rath was there also. What did he do that made you think he was a prick? Was he too busy to hold your hand? When I saw him he signed autographs for everyone that wanted one, and made a lot of little kids(and big kids) real happy. The way it looked to me, he talked to anyone and everyone that came up to him. I didn't bother him because I figured he didn't need any racing advice from me, and he probably had things to do.

It must have been his scheduled autograph time. If you go up to him out fo these times he won't even talk to you, unlike most of the other pro's who will stop and talk to you.

CDMX215

#17 Post by CDMX215 »

i certianly didn,t get that impression at southwick national couple years back .we talked a couple mins on tire size for the day alotta pros ran 20 ,s that day but he gave his opinion and time. w/suzuki brass and new product on line i,m sure every one is just a little stressed to say the least. especially if they feel their not up to speed give the guy a little space! sh t when i,m stressing i don,t even talk to my wife !

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Gust isnt really a public kind of guy.But he used to hang around with all the WI guys at all the Nats.Raced plenty of locals and got along with everyone.Maybe all of us from around here are stuck up:D Truthfully does seem like that.People always seem to be more friendly from east and south but thats just a geneeral thing.

Sandstorm

#19 Post by Sandstorm »

Natalie won
Keith little
Joe Byrd
Doug Gust
Jeremy Lawson
Jason Luburgh
Dana Creech

Jones finished around tenth
because of a crash on the start and a flat tire..

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats the Final?Kind of early for that.