Engine Ice doesn't fix it...

cdalemx301

Engine Ice doesn't fix it...

#1 Post by cdalemx301 »

So back in august I replaced my Valve Cover because it was very corroded...Well anyway Brad only had Magneisium ones as I was in a rush and the Alum. weren't out yet...I poured engine Ice in thinking it would be OK well I was wrong...

This cover was new in August and ran engine Ice...Guess its time to upgrade to an aluminum one...

GDITheman

#2 Post by GDITheman »

i thought this has been discussed. that engine ice still uses water in the mix and that evans worked since it was waterless.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by GDITheman
i thought this has been discussed. that engine ice still uses water in the mix and that evans worked since it was waterless.

Yup, engine ice only slows the process. Evans is the only true waterless stuff we can use.

acarli3

#4 Post by acarli3 »

I had the same results with Engine Ice and posted cam cover pics about year ago. I converted to the aluminum cover since I prefer Engine Ice over Evans.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

I was reading some threads on the z400 central about thier corrosion problems and alot of them are trying engine ice even after having been repeatedly warned. Oh well they wil learn thier lessons just like we did.

Brad Oakley

#6 Post by Brad Oakley »

I just saw the photos. That's not Engine Ice you're running in there... It's Poland Springs! Just ask Derno what happens anytime you put something Polish in your engine:hammer: :wow :hammer:

CptHook

#7 Post by CptHook »

hahaha :rotf

cdalemx301

#8 Post by cdalemx301 »

haha thanks brad lol...Yea well i guess I took it as if you changed the engine ice every 6 months or so it was okay...I was very surprised to see this as it has the stock PC on it and my original one was in there for 2 yrs with no PC before it was wicked corroded guess I will need to replace the cover lol