Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

kdeal

#231 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Happyboy
I for the life of me can't find the company name!! ARG!!! I gave it out to a few people, Jaybr, do you still have it? :cry:

It was much cheaper than just plain FI hose even!

It's called Parker PTFE Smoothbore hose. The part number is #919-5 for the 1/4" hose that we are using. The Otekier doubled eared clamps are size #11. The insulation can be reused off of the original hose or you can purchase the stuff from McMaster-Carr. The pliers Wistech is using are called Oetiker pliers and can be found at most tool shops or on Ebay.

One word of caution, be carefull how you cut this stuff. It will leave some nasty burrs that always seems to find there way into the tips of your fingers. OUCH. Masking tape over the cut before cutting is a good idea.

CDaleChick

#232 Post by CDaleChick »

i just received the package with the exhaust, fuel lines, ECU, throttle assembly, etc etc....must say that the glittery color is very awesome!

I will be putting some stuff on the quad tonight..... ECU tray, ECU, steering stem, handlebars, and stuff like that.

I think I might go get the tires mounted on the wheels today or tomorrow. Depending on when the a arms get here Ill be taking the beadlock rings and arms to be powdercoated.

cannondale27

#233 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by ******
http://www.paragonperformance.com/Fire%20Sleeve.html

how bout this for heat protection?

Cool!Great find.See I listen
Thanks ******

cannondale27

#234 Post by cannondale27 »

I cant wait to see your quad together Cdalechick.Should be awesome!

speed2424

#235 Post by speed2424 »

Originally posted by ******
http://www.paragonperformance.com/Fire%20Sleeve.html

how bout this for heat protection?

I have gotten some of this from them in the past. Just be sure to get the right size for the job.smile.gif

wistech

#236 Post by wistech »

Kara I know I might be to late but tell the guys not to use new crush washers in the exhaust. The used ones already in the head are ported to the motor. Just bolt the exhaust on.:hammer:

badvox

So its this weekend???

#237 Post by badvox »

Well the GNC is this weekend are you ready to go racin?

r.porter

#238 Post by r.porter »

Originally posted by wistech
Kara I know I might be to late but tell the guys not to use new crush washers in the exhaust.  The used ones already in the head are ported to the motor.  Just bolt the exhaust on.:hammer:

I brought new washers with me but noticed that you had match the old ones to the ports.

mxer450

#239 Post by mxer450 »

why dont you guys stop drueling of this chick and let her buy her own parts.......:eek:

CDaleChick

#240 Post by CDaleChick »

well i got it running tonight..have had a few issues, but I think we got all of the bugs worked out and it seems to be just fine now. It looks beautiful so far. I have to get the beadlocks together and the plastics mounted (need to make brackets for the front)

Im going to test it out tomorrow morning after getting a few other things together.....if I feel comfortable enough on it then ill take it to oak hill. If not, then I will go to another national this year. I just havent decided yet what im going to do... Its really iffy and the whole thing about not being able to ride for 5 months really kills it. I guess I will make my final decision tomorrow. Might bring the quad up anyway... Its been a long couple of days and everyone has been so helpful. Im glad its finally almost all together though.. would like to not have that worry anymore.

Oh yeah Im still looking to buy a set of front shocks.

and mxer450... shut up and quit being jealous...do the world a favor and take a long walk off a short pier and quit coming around here