Who's making the power?What Vendor?

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

I have a rare chance where I have full race ported heads from different vendors on hand.South Bay Moto,Wade Wilcox,and Diamond Racing.I can do an unbiased flow bench comparison to see who make the gains or not and a bang for buck comparison.Will also include my ported head,a stock one and possibly a cwr if makes ot here in time.If interested WILL NEED A DONATION.Anything donated over cost will be donated to site.I will label all the heads and give to unbiased person to take down to get tested.Unbiased person has agreed to clean and prepare heads and take down for $10 an hour.All will be tested with same fmf exhaust on and real world with throttle body,airbox and without.All head and valves will be cleaned and decabonized and will have comments of what the flowbench place says about heads.This a rare oppertunity to see what works,what doesn't,who's giving quality or not ,and bang for buck and also done by the cannondale community by their funding.This needs to be soon,because once its time to get the motors together on the list they're going together.Whoever interested please post in response your donation.The pledge you give IS a COMMITMENT. Do not pledge unless you plan on a paying.This TRUELY a way to give back to the cannondale community by the comunity.If enough interest will post paypal address and address for donation by check can be sent to.If no interest will not be done.

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

I'll ship out a $20 to the cause!

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

I've gone waaay over my ATV budget in the last few weeks to the extent I'm gonna' have to make payments on the stuff I'm about to be tearing up. However, I can squeeze out $10 figuring that every little bit will help.

One of the mod types needs to combine these 2 threads.

fig

#4 Post by fig »

QUOTE (timbomoose @ Apr 6 2006, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a rare chance where I have full race ported heads from different vendors on hand.South Bay Moto,Wade Wilcox,and Diamond Racing.

Timbo,

This is a great idea! The only flaw that I see with it is you don't have the "new" ported Wade head. He has been waiting for valves before he sells them. He has 10 (i think) sitting on the shelf waiting for valves. They look good! Maybe you could contact him to see if he would loan you a head for the test or I can talk to him and see? We may run into the same issue that C27 had with anyone posting pictures of your porting. Let me know if you want to approach Wade or if you want me to or do we see if Brad can talk him into it?

As a side note both Wade and SBM used the same head porter until recently. I would think if you had a head that was done over a year ago from both Wade and SBM they would be close to the same beacause the same guy ported them.

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

Sure if Wade wants to send a head up for flow test comparison ship it up.Most places strive for improvement and thats a GOOD thing.Anyone confident in their product they are selling should do so or know if their previous versions were not up to par compared to their new version should do so.Free advertisement against competitors will show who's getting what they pay for or not.From the one that was a south bay and the one that was the wade they are similar but different.If the same guy does the porting he made very noticable changes inbetween the time.I'll call wistech and see if he wants to send up his st. anthony head too.Rememeber though the more heads, the more time, the more $$$$ so if not enough donations not going to happen.Nobody needs to give alot,but alot need to give a little.The best thing about a test like this is that all heads will be done on the same flow bench on the same fixures so will be a TRUE COMPARISON! Thanks to everyone so far who has showed an interest.Will make a chart for flowbench place to check off 1 to 5 star rating on different areas of grading.

timbomoose

#6 Post by timbomoose »

Fig if you know wade contact him.We can definately respect the no pics of his new head design.I don't even need to see it.Can be shipped directly to the flowbench place KRS machining or to the guy doing the testing.I will not even be there during testing.Fig best way to support Wade is to have him test his improved product and to donate,because quite frankly in my opinion his old version is quite ugly and poor,but the flowbench will truely show if it really is or not.

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#7 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Tim,, put me down for $30.

azcannon

#8 Post by azcannon »

Put me Down for 20 bucks , PPlease post a link for other thread you wanted merged.

I will make sure its a Sticky

fig

#9 Post by fig »

Wade may be up for it. What time frame are you talking, a month? He had a couple of questions:

1) He did wonder why your are going to use a whole exhaust system instead of a couple of short stub outs (like the piece that bolts to the head to mount the new BlackWidow pipe to). This way you are testing the head not the exhaust.

2) Why do a flow test on heads without valves? You need the valves to give real world flow.

How about a third test with each builders own throttle body? This way you can see who is moving the most air.

I think what I will do is ask Wade call you and I'll step out of the loop.

How much money do you think will be needed for this comparison?

This is a great idea.

timbomoose

#10 Post by timbomoose »

Fig test is being done with valves that came in heads.Without would not tell much.Hole exuast system will also do the same.Who runs with 2 stubs sticking out of the heads?The important thing with the exaust is that the same exuast is used on all heads.Throttle body that comes with ported head is also import,which is going to be used.All good point you raised.How about a donation for the cause too?With you bringing up the pipe gave me an idea we can do a pipe comparison too.I already have a ti fmf to use maybe we can get people to donate there pipes for a comparison too.Big thing can be no damage to pipe or can give in accuracy.