Need some venting time

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

The two I had trouble diagnosing recently both with similar issues as yours.One the rings wouldnt seat had low compression which got lower the warmer the motor got.Compression test should read 75-100lbs cranking with throttle held open.

The other one Adam Warrens is going to eventually be wiring harness or stator.It runs great with the lights on it but if they are off will miss and die.Every electrical component has been changed except for stator and wiring harness.

Do agree these gremlins can be a pain but worth it once its all working right.Hang in there.

cdaleman440

#12 Post by cdaleman440 »

get er dunnnnnnnnnnnn derno!!!

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Small update. I now know where my problems lie. I found the fuel pump to be hot over the weekend. Meaning the longer it ran the weaker it got till there was not enough pressure to keep the quad running. This was as it was heating up. 2nd problem is related to a spun flywheel. Happened yesterday. If it weren't for Brad mentioning it I never would have checked as this flywheel has only 15hrs on it from being new. Man this was a lucky find. I will be testing it this saturday morning and I will be posting to let everyone know what happened. If all goes well next test is a local harescramble on sunday. I have no chance of finishing well due to the competition, but I need to race I got the itch!

cdaleman440

#14 Post by cdaleman440 »

yeah im ichin too man and the closest race near me is 3 and a half hours away mad.gif

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (cdaleman440 @ Apr 20 2006, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah im ichin too man and the closest race near me is 3 and a half hours away mad.gif

Just let me know when you wanna race with us and you are more than welcome to tag along! wacko.gif

cdaleman440

#16 Post by cdaleman440 »

will do!!

njracer

#17 Post by njracer »

Just sell it and move on!

MyCannibal

#18 Post by MyCannibal »

^^^^d!ckhead alert^^^^how about YOU move on njracer.....

banzairx7

#19 Post by banzairx7 »

I guess that ban didnt carry over to the new forum......

wanablaze

#20 Post by wanablaze »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Apr 22 2006, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^^d!ckhead alert^^^^how about YOU move on njracer.....

QUOTE (banzairx7 @ Apr 22 2006, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess that ban didnt carry over to the new forum......

Hey guys,
This is Derno's thread. If you guys want to talk to njracer, do it in pm or over the phone (elsewhere). He did not bash anyone here, just offered his opinion.

Back on track...

Derno,
I know you have put a lot of effort into these machines, more than most would have. I think highly of you for that. But, if you decided to cut your losses and try something else; I wouldn't blame you.

I know how you feel. I've thought many times about selling my Cannondale. My bike has given me a hard time since new. I've only ridden it for maybe 25 hours. Then the valve locked up. And my case was cracked. And I was having electrical issues. Money was tight and I was having trouble getting parts that I paid for from one of the vendors (whom doesn't sell anymore). If Doug wouldn't have stepped up to help me, I would have sold the thing already.

Thanx for sticking it out this long, Derno. The new 450's are all pretty decent bikes, though. Let us know what you decide.