anyone see the new olympus commercial with the dead biker?

nickg

#1 Post by nickg »

I wanted to see if you guys had seen the new camera commercial featuring a dead biker? yea..first time and I am shocked..this is a real issue for me. I am writing a letter to them about this. They basically show 2 emt's over a dead motorcyclist (wreckage in the background) and instead of helping, the one emt looks at the other and cuts off the camera around the dead bikers neck!! I tell you i will NEVER buy an olympus product again. here is the address:

Olympus Corporate Imaging

attn Director of Advertising

3500 corpoprate parkway

po box 610

center valley Pa

18034-0610

here it is

http://www.olympusamerica.com/getolympus/flash.asp

skip the intro, then click 'commercials', then 'emergency'
mad.gif

banzairx7

#2 Post by banzairx7 »

Wow your easily offended. That commercial isnt the greatest but made me chuckle. He's not dead. EMT's don't work on dead people.

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

I wasn't offended either. Kind of made me laugh too.

440EX4ME

#4 Post by 440EX4ME »

Something like that wouldnt push me to writting the company, and though I do honestly believe in their right to create advertizing to their liking, and all of rights to free speach etc, but I also can see how that could be offensive to any rider or worse the family of an injured or killed rider.

Someone earlier mentioned the word "sensitive" and that is more inline with my take on this, and pretty much most of the things we no longer see or enjoy because it offended someone who found it offensive (just like those who find us riders offensive).

Maybe its just that in general we are all to overly sensitive, or maybe like some believe that too many have lost respect for their fellow man and his needs and beliefs etc.

The really interesting thing to me about this one is that I have only owned one olympus product and it was a total POS, and no matter their advertizing I would NOT be buying their products anyhow.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Those are all good points.Agree we all should laugh at things like that it would definitly make a better world.Problem is its not reality.Already if you go to a hospital for something with a bike helmet in your hand they all assume injury was done on a bike.Tell them no and they will say it will happen sooner or later.When I saw the commercial on tv I admit I laughed at first but then my kid asked what was so funny.I didnt want to answer that since I would never want them to even think of doing something like that.Basicly if it doesnt feel right dont do it.

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

I'm offended that you are offended that i am offended etc. etc. Too funny. Overly sensitive types that are constantly offended by everything really bore me. I can't remember the last time something "offended" me. I guess I was offended last time I watched the news because of all the bs coming out of the tv. The simple and easy solution was to turn off the tv.