Where to buy 3 wheeler parts?

Cdale_racer_669

#1 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

I am looking for a shift shaft for my 1984 YAMAHA YTM200 TRI-MOTO. or at least i think thats what it is, i saw one online and it looks exactly the same so im assuming thats it. but i broke the shift shaft and i cant find parts online. can anyone help?thanks guys!

CHAINSAW

#2 Post by CHAINSAW »

http://216.168.60.165/speedandsportinc/index.tpl

If they cant find it... its been discontinued, and no one has it.. or at least knows that they have it. If you dont know the part number,.. look it up here
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/parts/home.aspx
If ya need anymore help hollar... I used to restore 3 wheelers, mostly Yamahas, before finding how much I loved Cannondales.

Cdale_racer_669

#3 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

thanks!!!!!!!! could you help me identify my model exactly? i used to think it was a dx225 but i read somewhere that those have rear suspension. mine has front forks but no rear suspension, elec start and pull start, racks front and rear. any major differences between models that can help figure out what model is what?

here are some pics

these are the only pics i have at the moment, i can take more tho

Easy E

#4 Post by Easy E »

Looks like a Tri-Moto with some custom racks?

CHAINSAW

#5 Post by CHAINSAW »

Youve got a YTM200EL Yamahauler. Its the farm version of the one Easy E pictured. The racks and electic start came standard, along with about 50 extra pounds (of what.. I dont know) You are right though, the 225s all had rear suspension.

Cdale_racer_669

#6 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

thanks alot. i searched for over an hour for parts. you saved a lot of headaches!

CHAINSAW

#7 Post by CHAINSAW »

QUOTE (Cdale_racer_669 @ May 9 2006, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks alot. i searched for over an hour for parts. you saved a lot of headaches!

NP man.. Ive done a few trike restorations and know how hard parts can be to come by.
Here is a pic of my frame off restored 86 Tri Z.. and another pic with the Tri Z Triad. I still have the yellow one.. its my little 250 dragger.
The black flamed one was my 85 250R.. had a lot of time and money in this money pit.

On bottom was my 225DX.. it was my first real ride. Pretty close to the same machine as you have.

Ive had a lot more trikes, but those are by far my favorites.

Easy E

#8 Post by Easy E »

Very cool Chainsaw! My memory has long since failed me on the trikes. I think there was a red one, a blue one and err.....a green one.....ummm ya know - what ever those big three bike makers could come up with!

smile.gif

NorCalRacer

#9 Post by NorCalRacer »

Nice thread, it's kind of like stepping in a time machine. I haven't seen a three wheeler in person in years, seems they're endangered these days biggrin.gif
Hope you keep that beast going as long as possible....

Cdale_racer_669

#10 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

3 wheelers are so much fun, i will never sell mine.if one ever pops up in the local paper ill snatch it up also. someday i wanna get a few hundred bucks and try to replace some more parts that dont NEED to but id like to, and take stuff apart and clean it and PC it or something to prevent rust and such.

and awesome trikes chainsaw....if i have any questions ill ask u lol