what to do for woods

candyassmiler

what to do for woods

#1 Post by candyassmiler »

what can i do to improve my trailability? hah... anyway i was wondering if i should go with different gearing on my cannibal or go to 18inchers or waht.....different mapping? im all stock and i would appreciate any advice...oh yeah and how do i adjust the idle.....i tried turning the screw but it did nothing.....how much do i need to turn it to adjust it up? and do i do it while running or no?
thanks
craig

drbowtie

#2 Post by drbowtie »

Wow! I've had the same concerns... Bike does not want to go slow! I looked at a bunch of different things. If you mess with the gearing it screws up the way the quad excellerates. You can't get the front end down and the top speed drops...

If you have luck making this trail blazer a country trail cruiser let me know. What I ended up doing was buying full skid plates... Bead lock rims and now what I lack in slow speed driveability I make up for in durability enhancements. Now I don't worry if I see a rock sticking up in the trail...

Speed 1B

idea

#3 Post by Speed 1B »

If i were you i would not want 18 inchers for the woods. it will kill your clearence. a 12 tooth front and 20 inch rears is a killer woods set up. i have an extra 12 tooth ill make you a good deal on....brand new....the tourque is awsome.

candyassmiler

#4 Post by candyassmiler »

how much we talking about?? pm me.....and whats the drop in top end if im running high seventies to eighty now? let me know something....

id like to have some skids as well.....im a little bit on the broke side as of now though.....just bought a new toy...83 rx7 for 1000....its great

blaze#52

buy a blaze!

#5 Post by blaze#52 »

just kidding, i would run 21" fronts and 20" rears, or taller for deep stuff, try a different map, I think that there are traction maps out there for the cannibal. go as narrow as you can, a little body english is easier than hitting trees. i got 4+1 hipers on my blaze and i love them.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Just curious on the 12 tooth sprocket. That may cause problems because it will eat into the chain slider faster than before. I went to a traction map and it is much better than before. I also run a bigger set-up 22" front's and 20" rears. If you go down a tooth you are getting less top end and more torque. I don't find that to be the problem. My problem is it was to snappy in the low end so you couldn't finesse it around obstacles. New set-up is much better. I am even thinking of going to a 14 tooth front to make it mellower. I may switch the rear too going up a tooth or two to make it closer to stock.

candyassmiler

#7 Post by candyassmiler »

see thats what i was thinking....i have plenty of torque....i need smoothness.....the ability to relax......if needed.....but what map to i need and where do i get it.....and who can remap it for me? i live in kentucky

gc714

#8 Post by gc714 »

candya$$

That is just too Funny!!

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

I would say call the Quadshop for service on your machine definitely. Yeah up teeth in the front and down teeth in the back makes bike mellow, but takes your torque away. Less low end more top end.

4punksdad

#10 Post by 4punksdad »

for tight woods it doesn't need taller gearing...............it needs a smaller front sprocket. the chain slider concerns me too. I am interested in the 12T sprocket if you still want to sell it.