What is different on your Dale?

cannondale27

#61 Post by cannondale27 »

:clap: Very cool!Your first to give it a shot Dave.So what kind of reading did you get?

Canniboomer

#62 Post by Canniboomer »

As suspected, our oil pressures are low, and the Cannondale dyno stats were indeed recorded in psi, NOT bars as some have claimed.

My test quad matched the dyno stats at both idle and full rpm, in a range from 4 to 7 psi. That was with a fresh filter installed.

Without the oil filter, the pressure bumped up by at least 1 psi. I will watch this motor and note the effects of a dirty filter and report on that later. Regardless of what your reading is, you could easily note a sharp pressure drop on your machine, or even a gradual drop as the filter becomes clogged. I started here with a glycerin-filled gauge, very stable readout, and will test an Autometer next.

cannondale27

#63 Post by cannondale27 »

I am thinking that the bypass circuit is in effect all the time since both springs(checkball,bypass) are identical in pump.Would account for the low pressure at filter.I wish there were a way to get pressure right after pump.But either way is a perfect indicator of pressure since they both would drop with any problem to pump or flow.

claas900

#64 Post by claas900 »

..Do we know what other bikes have?..Ball bearings dont need a lot of oil,so we really may not be that bad?? Also how many times have we torn a motor apart and seen signs of lack of oil?

yamadjs08

#65 Post by yamadjs08 »

Bumping this thread...

I used some front fender braces as rear fender braces. No bending or anything, used a screwdriver to pry off the nut things and just wrapped them in foam so they dont scratch anything. Than just took out the 2 higher bolts on the grab bar and made them fit through the fender brackets, before you tighten them down, just spin them until they are pushing up on the plastics slightly and bam, extra fender strength for those super moddy races/days.

Ill get pictures, my local Cannondale buddy showed me this, I thought it was great.

cobradaler

#66 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ Oct 3 2006, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bumping this thread...

I used some front fender braces as rear fender braces. No bending or anything, used a screwdriver to pry off the nut things and just wrapped them in foam so they dont scratch anything. Than just took out the 2 higher bolts on the grab bar and made them fit through the fender brackets, before you tighten them down, just spin them until they are pushing up on the plastics slightly and bam, extra fender strength for those super moddy races/days.

Ill get pictures, my local Cannondale buddy showed me this, I thought it was great.

i changed my ehaust to this nmotion set up.

cannondale4good

#67 Post by cannondale4good »

Well...I don't know if this really counts, but I've carried on the "Dale-spirit" over into the mini-world. Maybe the air shrouds will look familar on my son's KFX80.......I retired and sold my Dale, but it's spirit still lives on.......through the shrouds. rolleyes.gif

Happyboy

#68 Post by Happyboy »

pic

Canniboomer

#69 Post by Canniboomer »

Floating Fuel Filter...
I forget where, but there is some research that shows that fuel filters will hold much more contaminants if they are not subjected to direct frame vibrations. I've been lowering the filter anyway on new fueltank plumbing mods, so this double-zipped location came in handy. You can ziptie around the pump as shown, or fish the left tie around the side strut. It works good for larger filters also.

hawksd1

#70 Post by hawksd1 »

I made my own radiator shrouds from an old tool box from my truck and painted the ohlins springs to match color on my glamis rather than the original puke yellow