CDALE vs. YZF450

Psychosis

#11 Post by Psychosis »

Same thing here. I got the third KFX that came to Illinois when they were just released and it was trouble. Mostly after I got rid of it. It pretty much broke apart w/in a week of my trading. Shockmounts broke, plastic, brackets, axle, etc. Get my picture? Most likely Yam's quad will be much better than the Z's and such but I don't look for it all that much.

I mean, I've been reading posts on forums and people get mad when someone like me will say that there's no way the thing has 50hp stock. That's about what the bike has and the quad won't reach that w/out some mods. I made a pretty educated guess after a lot of research on it and the specs, too much to list, and I came up w/a range of about 38-40hp. And everyone there jumped on me for saying it except like 2 guys who got the same conclusion. Atleast you guys think things over first and research instead of jump to conclusions.

86atc250r

#12 Post by 86atc250r »

You're likely correct in the 40hp range. I've heard all kinds of wild ideas on what the HP will be - anything from 30 to 50+.

One thing though - no worries on buying a 1st year Honda. With all other manufacturers, I'd have 2nd thoughts.

Honda's engineering dept is a step ahead of the rest in making things right the first time. You never hear anyone avoiding an 86 250R or a 99 400ex, etc.

JeffQuadShop

#13 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Here is Nic Grundlan's review from www.cannondaler.com

Ok here it is.(IMO)
First it will smoke the kawasuki in every category.
i will compare it mostly to my cdale.
Power,(stock)close to a stock cannibal maybe a little smother power(pipe no air-box lid re-jet carb)just as fast as my moto with an x-map.
Handeling,it feels very light and is easy to throw around. It jumps great and the shocks worked good,it turns great even with the stock 20"rear tires, the front tires seem to rool and bounc to much.
Ergonomics,For me (6'3")it is a little small and cramped,the bars and grips are the worst things things on the quad,clutch is light and worked great, brakes are very good.
So will it beat a moto "NO" will it beat a cannibal "YES".
I would say right now it is the best curently produced atv you can buy.
one more thing they had 8 quads and 10 or more riders and we rode the crap out of them and not a single problem with any quad.
I would like to say that for the average trail rider the suspension will be to stiff.
Thats it for now I hope this helps.

NIC

4punksdad

#14 Post by 4punksdad »

sounds like an honest review................i would consider one if the c-dale ever leaves me stranded.

AlaskaSpeed

#15 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
sounds like an honest review................i would consider one if the c-dale ever leaves me stranded.

I am giving them a serious look too. But it will have to be **** good to dethrone the Speed.......JIM

fyrmedic

#16 Post by fyrmedic »

no doubt.. with all the babying I've given my baby.. couldn't give it up for a yammy!!!

LapTraffic

#17 Post by LapTraffic »

Taking a serious look at this bike for my wife. She still wants to race and this looks to be pretty good.

TricityCdale

#18 Post by TricityCdale »

Nice try Lap!! We all know you want a nice "back up" bike.............just in case!!biggrin.gif

LapTraffic

#19 Post by LapTraffic »

Quiet, My wife reads this forum! Honey, the bike is for YOU, Im serious dear... I dont even like Yamaha...

That wasa close one smile.gif

Knight440

#20 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
Quiet, My wife reads this forum!  Honey, the bike is for YOU, Im serious dear... I dont even like Yamaha...

That wasa close one smile.gif