New Small dale problem

aroracer72

#1 Post by aroracer72 »

Okay...this dale has run perfect for two short weekend rides.......soo i go to start it up..starts fine..runs AWESOME..then on ce i shut it off.....it wont start again till it cools down. My first guess was too lean of throttle offset...soo i messed with that...no change..this was fine before,...now it wont start once warm..and need a pull, start......
WTF..anyone have an idea???
Chad

Easy E

#2 Post by Easy E »

Have you messed with the injector offset too or just the throttle offset?

MyCannibal

#3 Post by MyCannibal »

I dont believe the throttle offset should ever be messed with...maybe he meant the injector offset.

aroracer72

#4 Post by aroracer72 »

I messed with all the settings(ive tuned maps before...im not a rookie)...but this is jsut ticking me off. It ran perfect for two weekends now something is off. Dont jsut think mapping....what else can come loose or something to cause this....im thinking its a bad battery cause it turns over soo dang slow.(slower then usual)
CHAD

azcannon

#5 Post by azcannon »

does it just click when you hit the start button or does it crank and crank and not start ?, if its cranking slow too high a idle will do that and I agree with you a weak battery will also cause that and if your iacv is failing that will make it act like that .

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

It turns over and once in a while will almost fire but seems like its not getting turned over fast enough. And if i get pull started it runs perfectly fine. And again WILL start when cold or after its been ran..let it sit awhile and it will fire up. Im thinking week battery or something is screwy when its hot then goes back to normal once it cools down.
Chad

Easy E

#7 Post by Easy E »

It certainly could be a battery or charging issue - test for both (check those stator wires by the flywheel for update).

Have you pulled your spark plug to check for fouling or just over all appearance?

And of course the fuel filter/quick disconnects all good and not restricting flow?

As for throttle offset, this can be a very important setting change if your are having hot start issues caused by a lean condition. Adjustment should be from .5-1.0 if stock is set to 0 (which most were).

Your problem certainly sounds like a lean condition when hot IMHO. How close are you to the stock injection settings?

aroracer72

#8 Post by aroracer72 »

I bilieve the flowrate was 1600, but that offset was 0 and i left it at that. Ill try and amek it .5 and 1 today and see how that works. But i mess with it yesterday and 1/1.5 didnt make a difference..and neither did .75.....
Chad

aroracer72

#9 Post by aroracer72 »

Sator wire update..isnt that the one were you WANT the wires not to be showing???.....and if they are.......what must i do to fix them??...cause ive forgotten the fix.
Chad

Easy E

#10 Post by Easy E »

QUOTE (aroracer72 @ Jul 4 2006, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sator wire update..isnt that the one were you WANT the wires not to be showing???.....and if they are.......what must i do to fix them??...cause ive forgotten the fix.
Chad

The Stator wire clamp under the flywheel cover would cut through the stator wires shorting them out. The update was some sleeving between the stator wires and that small clamp. Check service bulletin SB02-009.