Thinkin about a C-dale...

BVCRacing.com

#1 Post by BVCRacing.com »

Thinking about trading my 01' no link LSR270R for a 03 moto with all the updates, long travel suspension...and much more.

what do you guys think?

Im not afraid to get my hands dirty/work on quads (i heard they require alot of maintenance...but so does every quad)

I ride mx, and sometimes mess around in sand pits... May also ice race it this winter if i get it.

I heard on atvriders its hard to change the oil on a c-dale? whats the deal with that?

Also i read you can change the mapping, how do i go about that.

any info/links would be greatly appreciated.

Ive always wanted one, never had the chance to/or thought of it...but now i have the chance to get one.

thanks guys.

383astro

#2 Post by 383astro »

The frame on a Dale is also the oil cooler. The oil runs thru the frame so you have to drain each side of the frame as well as the motor. Not a big deal but takes 3 times the work. To change maps you have to have the software and a cable that you can get from a couple of guys on this site. Probably ask Canniboomer?

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

My cannondale has needed the same maintenance as any other quad I have had.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Ya maintanence is very hard if not impossible. Those pesky drain plugs and oil filters get me all confused . This is sarcasm.
I think those that say crap like "maintenence is hard" have either never seen a cannondale or need to have velcro shoelaces.

BVCRacing.com

#5 Post by BVCRacing.com »

QUOTE (wistech @ Jul 16 2006, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya maintanence is very hard if not impossible. Those pesky drain plugs and oil filters get me all confused . This is sarcasm.
I think those that say crap like "maintenence is hard" have either never seen a cannondale or need to have velcro shoelaces.

lmao....

ya seems like so many people talk ****, but dont really know first hand what they are talking about..

acarli3

#6 Post by acarli3 »

Velcro!!??....Hmmmmm......Sounds like a new R&D topic. I can do some crazy stuff with velcro!

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I love my moto. I won a TT race on it this weekend and got 3rd in a class runnign with B and A class racers. Maintnance isn't bad. Nice way to unwind.

chigger81

#8 Post by chigger81 »

QUOTE (theJeStEr1340 @ Jul 16 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love my moto. I won a TT race on it this weekend and got 3rd in a class runnign with B and A class racers. Maintnance isn't bad. Nice way to unwind.

Dales put out some really hard hitting power. The throtle response is amazing. I love mine. The every day maintenance is no different than any of the other high performance 4 stroke bikes out. I have experienced a few of the major crisis situations that scare people away from dales, and I'm still riding it. tongue.gif My dale had a crank failure and electronic problems when I bought it. I fixed it right and havent had any serious problems since. Im happy with mine! They can be very reliable machines.

theJeStEr1340

#9 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

The stock pistons just don't hold up under TT racing conditions... I guess coming down a front strait, dropping 2 gears and feathering the throttle to keep the wheels spinning and rear end out is rough, who would have thought. I replace my piston after every season, but I use cheap pistons too.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (theJeStEr1340 @ Jul 16 2006, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The stock pistons just don't hold up under TT racing conditions... I guess coming down a front strait, dropping 2 gears and feathering the throttle to keep the wheels spinning and rear end out is rough, who would have thought. I replace my piston after every season, but I use cheap pistons too.

You must be talking about the wiseco's because the stock Asso pistons are the best piston these engines have ever seen. They run for years and never wear or smoke. Wiseco's are good for only a few months before the skirts cave in. The CP's might be the second best but longevity has yet to be proven. They do have the good of all our piston designs finnaly built into one though.