few questions

BVCRacing.com

#1 Post by BVCRacing.com »

to access the motor, do you always have to "Drop the motor" to mess with the topend or clutch etc?
like..lets say i had to do a valve adjustment.

gaskets.. Any aftermarket companies sell gasket kits for these? or do i have to get them from ATK. I always keep spares for my quads just incase i have to work on it.

prices of motor parts.. Are they the same price or more than normal parts(piston,rings, crank, valves..etc) for lets say a 450r.

Where is the air filter on a c-dale/how do you access it?

electric starting... any problems with these quads when starting? All my recent atv's had kick, so thats pretty much what im used to.

I know this post makes me look like a retard, but ive never seen or worked on one in person.

thanks for the help. cool.gif

383astro

#2 Post by 383astro »

The air filters are in front of the stem. You have to take the front plastic off and there it is. I have no starting issues, does turn over a little slow though. Not sure on the engine ?

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

You can access the clutch via a clutch access cover. But for any top end work or tranny work you have to drop the motor. Some people have managed to get the valve cover off without dropping the motor but I would say it is an advanced move and not recommended for most.

As for starting issues, sometimes a gremlin pops up...but just like any other quad out there. Can be a real pain in the butt. But most don't have those issues.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Parts are readily available from Black Widow ATV, and are more reasonable priced than the other OEM manufacturers.