no spark

fracing3

#1 Post by fracing3 »

I put my cannondale X440S back together after being apart for two years. The motor was not touched just removed. When i put it all together and tried to start it i have no spark. The fuel pump is running . I pulled the plug and put it in the coil and ground it but it does not spark. Can the ecu go bad from sitting for two years with no power to it. This bike only has about two hours on it. It had the ecu changed in the first half hour of run time because it went bad.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Make sure you dont have the coolant sensor and the crank sensor connectors switched. The injectors are the same as those also.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

It cant go bad from just sitting there but I am afraid if you didnt do the starter solenoid kickback update which is a extra wire added to harness you may have fried another ECU.Was common on X440s bikes to have this happen.

fracing3

#4 Post by fracing3 »

Just read what you guys wrote and you must have seen this alot. I had the crank and coolant wires crossed. It runs great. I do have the update on the starter wires. That is what did my ecu in the first time. Thanks for the help.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Yep a silly mistake by the factory making all the connectors the same. Its happened to most of us . Just part of getting to know your quad. LOL Now ride it.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh Yeah!Wistech and the K.I.S.S. method outdoes me agian!