pipes/silencer

otis

#1 Post by otis »

I was just wondering if each full system/slip-on is specifically built for that exact machine. If I had a z400 and bought a fmf factory for it,(for example) that is for the z400. Then I later put a 440, 450 or whatever on the machine, how can that pipe still be specifically for it. With the cannondale I am assuming you could use the d&m to adjust, if it made it run hot or whatever. Does this make since as to what I am trying to say?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Ideally a pipe would be made for every motor but if pipe flows enough for a 450 and you use it on a 400 it will still flow enough.Power may not be where you want it in rpm range though.

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (otis @ Jul 29 2006, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just wondering if each full system/slip-on is specifically built for that exact machine. If I had a z400 and bought a fmf factory for it,(for example) that is for the z400. Then I later put a 440, 450 or whatever on the machine, how can that pipe still be specifically for it. With the cannondale I am assuming you could use the d&m to adjust, if it made it run hot or whatever. Does this make since as to what I am trying to say?

Great question.. Could a custom pipe for a totally blueprinted motor flow more? I'd have to say yes, but nobody is gonna make a one off pipe.. CPI pipes here in Utah makes pipes for Banshee's that produce more HP for slightly bigger bores w/ carbs and porting.. K&T and CPI R&D lots of pipes for there specifecally built motors..