Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

cannondale27

#301 Post by cannondale27 »

Chuck Wachs was talking about doing it also.Not sure if that fell through or not.

PeeWee

#302 Post by PeeWee »

My personal opinion....she should have came to all those who helped her and said what had happened to the Dale and if she got to keep it, then some restitution should have been payed to you all. Instead...where is she now? She took what she needed and abandoned this place. Hmm...seems the rumors are true. Regardless of what she rides now, she should show some respect to you all for everything you've done. Soory, i don't mean to sound like an ***, i know there is only very few of you that know me.....but this is what i see that she has done.

CDaleChick

#303 Post by CDaleChick »

Ok first off I had contacted a few people and told them what had happened.. My cannondale got TOTALLED in a car accident. The insurance company wont give me any money to replace it they are screwing me over. A lady rear ended my truck and it bent my rear shock, stripped out bolts everywhere, broke my subframe off, bent the swingarm bolt, it ruined my plastic, steering stem, grab bar, bumper, bent the wheels and axle,frame,and it affected the motor...it strained the internals and cracked the crank in half. I have since then also moved out of my parents house and changed a cell phone number since my phone was messed up so I had to get a new one. I keep hearing people talking crap about me ditching my cannondale...when I hadnt ditched it..I was racing it until it all happened, I was planning on buying suspension for it and everything out of the insurance money but they wont give me anything as of right now.. We got it set up (for temporary to see what was all wrong that wasnt obvious) to go try it out to see what exactly was wrong with it..and thats when the motor gave out on me....if you want pics for proof I can take some pics of my truck with is totally screwed up and which is STILL not fixed and I can give you frame by frame pics of the motor locking up and everything if you all think I am a liar. The quad was winning, we were all doing great and then I had my wonderful bad luck come along. After that, I had to borrow quads again and then a local dealership wanted to put a quad team together and I was chosen to join it. That is why I have my LTR now. They didnt want to put me back on that quad, they wanted me on an LTR so I went with it.. Since I didnt have $1000s in cash to hand out right away to fix the quad I had to take the offer. I still have the quad and I still plan on fixing it, but there is no way I can afford that while I am still in college (which I am working 35 hours a week and going to school well over full time hours and transfering to a University this next semester). So for now its going to have to sit and it is sitting there....rolling frame and motor taken out sitting there as well. I have said thankyou to the people who have helped, and I am sorry I wish I still had the quad like it was...it was almost perfect and all there... but I cant help someone rear ending me going over 30 mph.

If you want to look on the LTR forums I have not been "begging" or asking for free parts. I havent been getting free parts. The dealership was willing to work with me, but it hasnt been free. I just didnt have cold hard cash to fix the dale since the insurance is being crummy.

For you non-believers who want to call me a liar here are frame by frame pics of the motor locking up which ended up resulting in a broken wrist

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Sep 2 2006, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did everyone miss that she got beat by a blaster. Trust me it is too funny to make up. Only problem I have with female riders is the ldepth of competition is not there. Only when you go to a national can you truly see her abilities.

She was on a 450r when she raced the womens class...her Blaster broke down in the sport quad class (she was still fast on her blaster at that track..she beat all the boys smile.gif ). Yeah she was faster than me on that track...it was her home track and I had never been there. I got beat outright, but she would never come to any of our home tracks and try to race me there.

UpsMan

#304 Post by UpsMan »

Well I'm glad thats settled.

quadracer500

#305 Post by quadracer500 »

Let me be the first to say enough already guys, kara congrads on the sponser ship , you deserve it. sure i would rather see you on your dale but as a true racer sometimes you have to take the oppertunities when they are there because the are gone as fast as they come, and for everyone else i have been following her on the ltr sites because we have one too. the only thing i
would like to see is for kara to keep us updated on how her season is going,
and quit bashing her . congats and good luck kara

Happyboy

#306 Post by Happyboy »

Quit bashing her? To quote an article her quad was riddled with problems? Come on, how many people stepped forward to support you and your response to the cannondale is its junk. Sorry, but alot of us stepped up to help you out and you bagged on us. Yes, I get you going with the LTR because a racer goes where the money is but did you not feel you owed this community anything? This all would have gone down better if you were just honest about all of this. Tell you what would be the right thing to do, send all the free stuff you got back to the owners since its just sitting there.

Derno24

#307 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (quadracer500 @ Nov 19 2006, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me be the first to say enough already guys, kara congrads on the sponser ship , you deserve it. sure i would rather see you on your dale but as a true racer sometimes you have to take the oppertunities when they are there because the are gone as fast as they come, and for everyone else i have been following her on the ltr sites because we have one too. the only thing i
would like to see is for kara to keep us updated on how her season is going,
and quit bashing her . congats and good luck kara

Who has been bashing on her lately. I for one thought this was over 2 months ago. She finally decides to visit and revisit the thread that was her choice.

Good luck for you on the Suzuki.

PS I agree with Happy!

theJeStEr1340

#308 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I agree with Happy too.

USAMoto00

#309 Post by USAMoto00 »

I've said it all along, and yes, the guys should get their parts back IMO.

CDaleChick

#310 Post by CDaleChick »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Nov 19 2006, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quit bashing her? To quote an article her quad was riddled with problems? Come on, how many people stepped forward to support you and your response to the cannondale is its junk. Sorry, but alot of us stepped up to help you out and you bagged on us. Yes, I get you going with the LTR because a racer goes where the money is but did you not feel you owed this community anything? This all would have gone down better if you were just honest about all of this. Tell you what would be the right thing to do, send all the free stuff you got back to the owners since its just sitting there.

I did not write the article...they were responding to the problems I had not this year or last but the year before...the people who wrote the article then remember how much problems I have had with it. They werent referring it to being a problem this year.

I am being honest..how can I not be honest with this is what happened.

I am not making any money on the LTR at all...they arent giving me any money..I get discounts on parts and they might pay for a few nationals next year if they want to. Thats the whole deal. They gave me a good price on the quad and they approved me for financing when a lot of places wouldnt since I was younger and a full time student.

As for sending people their parts back... i would be sending back a broken crank and a bunch of bent/cracked/destroyed parts. If needed I will put up the police report and the pictures of my truck if you feel my quad was not involved in a car accident. The lady rear ended my truck with the TAILGATE DOWN and the quad in the back of the truck (because my toolbox wont allow me to carry the quad with the tailgate up) if that gives you any idea how the quad faired out of the whole ordeal.