Take the JE challenge

Guy310

#11 Post by Guy310 »

3 out of 5 dirt. Must have same chassis setup for all three races. Free to make settings changes but not equipment. All 3 disciplines must be contested on same day.

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Wow! This is kinda funny. Just so you know Doug holds a Pro license so before you think you can take him down realize what you are going against.

I wouldn't even go into the rest as I have a JE and mine runs which is all that matters to me. As for pull it and switch it. I will when it goes and not till then as I don't have a money tree in my back yard. Then I'll buy another piston and sleeve whatever I decide will be my decision.
Have a nice day!

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

My first JE lasted 2 hrs blamed wristpin coating.Second one about 30hrs then cracked in half at the dunes after about ten more hours.Dont want to blow this out of proportion.Who said 10 hrs?30hrs like Jwheat said dont have to blow it up to see what is coming.Thing is that has already been done dyno says CP wins and wear/cracks says JE are ashtrays.Just trying to save people some big $ repairs.Folks can decide for themselves what to do and will I am sure.Fact is we got lucky with the CP's took a chance and it worked out so far.JE's it didnt.Thats price you need to pay to advance.Can always go with Asso,Wiseco or even the Wade ones which all seem to do alright.

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

I figure either way I have to replace a piston and sleeve when I pull a piston so to me I might as well make it worth my time going into the motor. I go through mine at the end of every season.

haydug

#15 Post by haydug »

Wade pistons! LOL Talk about wrist pin failure. I wouldn't use one of them for an ashtray.

The queastion here or point to make: Yes I do think the CP piston is better than the JE. Do I think the JE is an ashtray? No, I would not hesitate if I had the JE sitting on the shelf to stick it in and run it.
Would I run a Wade? No, I have a 460 kit here with less than 1 hour on it. I'll go out and flick some ashes in it today and chuckle.
Would I run a stocker? Yep.

I feel these are race motors, and need rebuilt every year. If a piston lasts 1 season, it has done it's job.

This post is NOT to cut on Timbo and his CP piston. My hats off to him. He helped with the JE and stood in there trying to improve it with me, with no help from JE. Shame on them.

All 3 races are on same day, I run my chassis, setup to me. Not interested in running your chassis setup. Give me a date, I will build my bike.
Again, I see this as a no brainer, yet I'm suprised by the lack of participation. If the JE can only last 10 hours and non longer, I will have to push my bike.
I will tear my bike down after the race to check out the JE. Then, I'll flip some ashes in it also, as after 25 hours of hard riding it would be time to rebuild it anyway.

PeeWee

#16 Post by PeeWee »

****...i just wanna watch!!!! LOL

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Hey I'll help out . Ill donate this 10 hour JE piston . The wrist pin is only slightly worn out enough to let the piston smack the head but just a little bit. Throw it in and run it for another 15 hours and you will be ready for the race. In a stroker this is the piston that could muster 49.5 hp. Of course the cp that replaced it with no other mods pulled 57hp. The grooves you see in the wrist pin are the unworn spot where the oil groove channels are in the piston. Never seen this before . I will admit that even though it couldnt break 50hp this engine still ran great and won most all of its races . That was probalbly due to the chassis setup and the psycho driving it.

Guy310

#18 Post by Guy310 »

I didn't mean run my chassis setup, I meant no changing a-arms etc. for XC. The same chassis runs all three races with only settings changes.

haydug

#19 Post by haydug »

QUOTE (Guy310 @ Oct 3 2006, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't mean run my chassis setup, I meant no changing a-arms etc. for XC. The same chassis runs all three races with only settings changes.

I am ready. No switching of wheels and tires. Same bike, same everything all 3 races.
You pick the order.

Pro400EXC

#20 Post by Pro400EXC »

Well..

count me out..

I've got a doug from engine...it has a JE..(doesn't it doug?)

I love it....i've got about 32hrs on her now...