Take the JE challenge

Guy310

#21 Post by Guy310 »

Need more definition of rules and regs.

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

What rules? Bring a quad run it all day at a place where there is a drag strip or area to run one, a mx track, and xc course.

I think you are gonna bury this in red tape.

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

I just dont understand why the horns have to come out everytime there is a issue.Why not just thank those of us who have went through many pistons to come to this conclusion and asked NOTHING in return.Cripes it took a year at least for judgement to be made on the JE's.Haydug when I said Wades piston I meant the BlackWidow one.There were lots of problems with Wades but havent heard of any lately.Maybe new JE's are better also.But not worth taking a chance for me.Good for ashtrays is exactly what I do with mine.Sure wish $ and leftover inventory didnt become a issue but it obviously is.A in depth discussion about short rod Falicons and the JE's should have been done a long time ago.Instead it was talked about over phone .
Like I said anyone who races thier Dale for pinks is crazy or doesnt care very much about thier machine.Let the folks decide what goes into thier motors enough has been said.Move on.

Guy310

#24 Post by Guy310 »

Maybe you could suggest a place Derno. I think C27 is right though, I couldn't race with my quad as the prize I have a lot of time and money invested in it and anything can happen. As far as Dug having a pro license, I am curious as to what discipline requires you to get a "pro license". As I understand it you can just show up and enter whatever you like. Maybe I am wrong.

haydug

#25 Post by haydug »

QUOTE (Guy310 @ Oct 4 2006, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. As far as Dug having a pro license, I am curious as to what discipline requires you to get a "pro license". As I understand it you can just show up and enter whatever you like. Maybe I am wrong.

You are very wrong about that. I was an AMA pro liscense holder in 2001. You must race several am nationals to aquire points, then you must have an AMA official verify your results, and also personally vouch for you. My first supercross I was riding on a provisonal which meant Duke Finch (ama president) had to watch me (and several other provisonals) in practice to see if we were qualified to race supercross. 2 riders were not allowed to go any further at that point.
Last year I finished 8th in the nation in the vet class.

Yes, as for at atva, it is still considered amateur and you can go just sign up in the pro class. Kinda generic if you ask me.

Bud, I don't want to take your bike, nor give you my bike. I'd love to ride with you though, as you are the only one to "nut" up and try to accept the challence, even though you have nothing in it.

For the naysayers out there though, I simply do not agree that the JE is in ashtray. You may, but I don't. To tell someone to throw a new one in the garbage is ignorant. Just like this Wade ashtray I have sitting here. I can spend alittle money and have timbo make a wristpin, but not worth it to me. However, you won't see me cram my opinion down your throat. I state my side, then let you decide. I have seen JE's fail, and also last very long time. The bike that started this debat (aroracer) was my old bike, it has been ran along time on that JE, it was at the first group ride at majestic, went to the indoor group ride (and believe it jumped a nice triple out of a corner, not bad for a slow bike), was ridden at the 12 hour race, was raced lots locally, so on and so on. The motor still runs good as far as I know. Chad says it is down on power, but you know what, the **** thing is ready for a rebuild, don't care if it has a JE, CP, Apex, gold piston, or a turd connected to the rod.

Guy310

#26 Post by Guy310 »

I didn't know you were talking about 2 wheelers. I got you. I would like to ride with you though also. Maybe we can set-up the challenge anyway as a way to show a couple of well built cannondales being put to the test. I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the pistons, I just have a lot of faith in some peoples level of knowledge, and I love a test of my skills against other fast riders.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Yep you all are crazy!Would be a great race.Suggestion if you guys do it make sure to enter a ACTUAL race so Cannondales can get on podium again.Thats what we all want.

haydug

#28 Post by haydug »

I was actually talking about racing the quad. I race them as well as bikes. Although I don't have a race dale, name a time and place, if I can make it, we'll go at it. Hopefully you are alot slower than me, so after about the 1 hour mark, you'll start catching up. Oh, wait, if I race a dale with the JE, you'll blow by me about that point, cause it will be blown up.

CannondaleRider

#29 Post by CannondaleRider »

Doug......

Being that your online so much now, everyday there is a new post by you, why don't you go ahead and reply to the many different forms of my messages.......

Derno24

#30 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (Guy310 @ Oct 4 2006, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you could suggest a place Derno. I think C27 is right though, I couldn't race with my quad as the prize I have a lot of time and money invested in it and anything can happen. As far as Dug having a pro license, I am curious as to what discipline requires you to get a "pro license". As I understand it you can just show up and enter whatever you like. Maybe I am wrong.

Well if you guys would want the full Derno media pack. Photos, videos, and such Rausch Creek would be the place to go, but I figure that is more for me. You two obviously are in the same state so you guys should decide where and I'll see about getting there.

No horns out, but I do love a nut up challenge. Did I just say nut up? biggrin.gif