In need of fast help!on lab top at race!

Rookiex

In need of fast help!on lab top at race!

#1 Post by Rookiex »

Hey I am at a race on a lab top I am having trouble with the lock nut on the dale

We had takin the thing off but for some reason we cant get it to go back on..I cant get it to do what it needs to for some reason

Could someone who knows walk me through how to get this thing on ????

Please help I race in a half hour sad.gif

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

you must be talkin about the axle lock nut? didja loosen the little allen heads? got me man

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Are you talking about the axle lock nut? What's the problem?

Rookiex

#4 Post by Rookiex »

Yeah they are out I am so stupid I let someone take it off that don't really know what there doing an now I dont know how to put it back on

The allen heads are out an the two clip things that come together are out its not coming together when I try to clap everything down there is still a little gap

Sorry for postin in the open forum guys this is just ya know coming down to the wire an I know you guys could help me biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

Isn't there a groove that the 2 clips fit in on the axle?

Sorry, I have an RPM axle and it's been awhile since I messed with a stock one.

Rookiex

#6 Post by Rookiex »

Ill try an tighten it down but it wont press up aginst the 2 C washer things...And by not doing this it don't pinch the rear end together like it should there is a little gap an I cant close it I think its how I am putting it on that its not working.

Ryanstones

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

take 3 deep breaths,

take it off and start again.

sorry i can't be more help. I can't remember either.

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

From what I remember, there is a sleeve under the nut that should extend out and as you turn the nut and press everthing together.

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

There are also washers on each side of the housing, if you left them off that could be your gap.

If I was at home I'd pull out my manual and walk you through it or post a picture, but I'm sitting in a hotel.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Take the nut off and makesure no dirt is in the threads.the splined sleeve goes on then the two clips go in the slot on axle pull the sleeve out so it holds clips in place thenscrew the nut on till tight then tighten the set screws.