How to bleed front brakes??

twisted

#1 Post by twisted »

Sorry I had to post this here, but I need to do it soon, going riding tonight. And I Tryed searching for it and it says its unavaible. I know you got to pump the front brake lever, and add some dot 4, but not sure what else to do.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Just keep pumping no more air comes out and it feels firm when you squeeze it. The best way is to inject the brake fluid into the bleeder screw and let the air work its way to the top...naturally.

twisted

#3 Post by twisted »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Oct 9 2006, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just keep pumping no more air comes out and it feels firm when you squeeze it. The best way is to inject the brake fluid into the bleeder screw and let the air work its way to the top...naturally.

Ok, Ive been bleeding there for like 2 hours, it wont stiffen up!! I have some feeling in it, but it just wont go hard enough to make the brakes actually work...

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Do you have a carquest auto parts place nearby? I know they carry a bleeder kit. You could try other auto parts places too. The bleeder kit is definitely the easy way out but is going to cost you a little more.

I actually found a pressurized bleeder kit online for automotive use. LOL... i get visions of brake fluid all over the garage. Man I hate that stuff.

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Okay stop what you are doing.. Break the seal on the rezzy.. Leave the cap on.. Pull the lever to the bars and tie it to the grip. Walk away and leave it alone.. Come out tomorrow morning release the lever tighten up the rezzy and you're done.. Guaranteed fix..

ABM-CANNIBAL

#6 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Do what Sandstorm recommended. I tried it and it work perfectly.

jwheat

#7 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Oct 9 2006, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay stop what you are doing.. Break the seal on the rezzy.. Leave the cap on.. Pull the lever to the bars and tie it to the grip. Walk away and leave it alone.. Come out tomorrow morning release the lever tighten up the rezzy and you're done.. Guaranteed fix..

You're right. That will work. But he wants to go riding TONIGHT! biggrin.gif

Do it like this.

1. Open both bleeder valves at the calipers.
2. Slowly pull the brake handle all the way in and hold.
3. Tighten both bleeder valves and then release the handle.
4. Repeat steps 1 thru 3 several times.
5. Now with both bleeder valves closed, pump the brake handle until you get pressure.
6. Pull the handle all the way in and hold while you open the bleeder valves.
7. Close both bleeder valves and release the handle.
8. Repeat steps 5 thru 7 until you have a good firm handle and no more air coming out of the lines.
9. Make sure reservoir is full.
10. GO RIDING!

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Jwheats got the solution for quick bleeding.Haydug has more helpful tips in FAQ section here:

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=11347

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

.. Make sure you dont have a banjo bolt leaking. Iv had most problems with the dule lines ones.