whats new?

Cdale_racer_669

#1 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

Hey guys, i havent been on in a long time, just seeing whats new? The dale had a minor problem and i dropped the engine, and it is currently sitting. i have been spending all my time and money on my rx7. But i am going to get the cdale going here in less than a month i hope. I have a 3mm streetported engine, new housings, some other goodies, a haltech standalone ECU, and stock turbo (for now) ready to go in my car. biggrin.gif Two projects that drain my bank is hard, and unfortunately i chose the car over the quad for the past year. But now im ready to get back into the cdale scene as much as i can!! so im not gone yet blink.gif

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool.Thinking of going turbo?

Cdale_racer_669

#3 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

**** yeah. i got a donor turbo one sitting there for drivetrain and turbo. a rebuilt engine and standalone sitting in the garage.first i gotta fix the dale i decided

Blasterboy11

#4 Post by Blasterboy11 »

OOOooo, i love hair driers, cant wait to see this one! wink.gif

Cdale_racer_669

#5 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

should be done by christmas

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

I meant Turbo on the Dale.Couple of us are going to try this over winter.Could use knowledge.

Cdale_racer_669

#7 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

its going to be hard to tune i imagine. becuase the dale doesnt have a sensor that detects pressure does it?(besides elevation) so you will have to map it for the turbo, but if not under load at the RPM it wont boost as much and the map will make it run rich. So some type of Map sensor or pressure sensor will have to be used to detect the boost.unless you plan to run under WOT full load , full boost all the time LOL

wanablaze

#8 Post by wanablaze »

I agree with the tuning part. You may be able to find a good load dyno to get you close or you could probably do like Timbo and put it on a car dyno. That should load it up pretty good.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

The Dynojet can do a load test.Might try that today.Was thinking about the rich condition under noload with a turbo.I believe we can lean it out under no load with the fuel regulator since it is vacuum controlled.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Might be another use for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Turbo boost...... smile.gif