Before and After Pics

cannondale4good

#1 Post by cannondale4good »

Hey this is pretty cool....I owned a retired race quad that I bought off of a Pro TT rider. I sold it to a guy who drove a ways to pick it up. When I sold it to him.....He bought only the frame, plastic, nerfs, bumper, motor and bars. I kept all of the TT stuff (Wheels, tires, sway bar, shocks, a-arms, shortened swingarm, etc.
Then years later.....I see pictures of my front bumper on a quad....with my old plastic.....and thought.....THAT'S MY OLD DALE!!! So I conacted the guy and here we are. He wanted to see old pics of it. It's now on it's 4th owner. So here are the pics before and years later. Pretty cool, I think?

Before..........

another...

and another....

and years later.....

Once again this is now 383astro's Dale....It's so cool to see it set up for MX now.....He's got it lookin' good.
Makes me proud...

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats awesome.Way to go 383astro.Keepem alive!

383astro

#3 Post by 383astro »

Thats your plastic 27 ( I think I sold it to you). It is black now and has different nerfs, a boomer air kit, wave rotors and a few other things. I also have a Supertrapp exhaust I may try out. I bought a brand new never mounted rear black fenders and a race cut black front from cdale222002 and black spars and headlight buckets from speed2424. I loved the fullbores but I am not a fan of red and needed headlights. Oh yeah and it was a pain to check the oil.

cannondale4good

#4 Post by cannondale4good »

You'll have to get some new pics up 383. I'm sure it looks killer!

I powder coated the nerfs and bumper myself.....I was just experimeting when I taped out my #11......I didn't force you to switch #'s did I? That bumper looked so cool....that you could'nt take it off huh?? he..he...he.....

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup I thought so.Even when I got it before this I thought the plastic looked familiar.Should be.I spent about a hour talking to Brad Covington who ran pro at ashtabula about 3 years ago he owned it first!Crazy but its good to recycle. biggrin.gif

cannondale4good

#6 Post by cannondale4good »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 27 2006, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup I thought so.Even when I got it before this I thought the plastic looked familiar.Should be.I spent about a hour talking to Brad Covington who ran pro at ashtabula about 3 years ago he owned it first!Crazy but its good to recycle. biggrin.gif

It's a small world isn't it? This is what I spent the money to build for my son......

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 27 2006, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a small world isn't it? This is where I spent the money.... built for my son......Well at least I told people it was for him....He rode it.....But I think I built it for me too..... biggrin.gif

Tell me.....Do the air shrouds look familiar anyone.....Recycling you said....

383astro

#7 Post by 383astro »

I actually dont race as of now. I have another dale that will be built over the next year that will be setup for flattrack. Thats all the races wer have around here in OKlahoma, that I know of. I bought the red one and another that was complete minus the plastic, shocks, and tires and wheels for 4k. The second bike also has an hmf, nerfs, arens? stem, lsr axle, and some other goodies. It is a hydraulic cased motor.
the red one is cable.

oh yeah and my number is 3 from when I used to race sand drags.

I have a 250r thats been stretched with a cbr600 engine on it.

Yeah I won 13 6 ft trophies in a row and kicked out cause noone could beat me.

speed 450mx

#8 Post by speed 450mx »

Were in OK do you live? They race TQRA in north Texas and South Ok Every Year and there is going to be 3 indoor races this year.

383astro

#9 Post by 383astro »

Central OK. 40 miles east of OKC. Ill have to study up on all the different types of racing. Anybody care to give me a crash course on all the different types and what the abbreviations are?

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

MX=Long outdoor motocross track 20min motos
SX=Supercross indoor or outdoor small track with jumps etc very close to one another and usually steeper than MX.20min motos
XC=Cross Country Long distance race with fairly fast trails and some wideopen areas.2hrs
HareScrambles=Usually a tight trailed version of a XC but shorter course.1.5-2hrs
TT-A twisty high speed couse usually run on hardpacked clay that has extreme traction and sometimes a long top gear straight.Very small jumps and sometimes off camber turns.20 min
SuperMotard=combination of a TT track and asphalt track with some medium jumps