surges at idle

claas900

#1 Post by claas900 »

..Im haveing a problem with the bike surgeing at idle when cold,rpm just go up and down up and down. Im thinking its the IACV cuzz its gets a lot better when warm. Other issue im haveing is its a bear to get started when cold. Even before haveing this problem with the surgeing at idle.
Id hit the start button itd fire then die and do this about 4 times sometimes iv even give a little bit of gas then it would take off. I have done a tps cal and yes it has gas.

fig

#2 Post by fig »

You can take off the stepper and clean it. They do get carboned up.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

I had trouble with a old crappy hex code. It made the engine surge really high until it warmed up good.

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

..I did clean it up
Iv had this same hex code in for well over a year. But it has been really cold around here,if that matters. Do we know witch is the best hex code? I think the one i have now is 302 something???

claas900

#5 Post by claas900 »

..tock the IACV apart again today,everyhing looked good,pluged it in powered it up and it moved,everything looked good like it was working right. I went ahead a blocked it off anyways and bike ran normal. biggrin.gif ...So id like to know what is it that goes wrong with the IACV-stepper motor.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

I have had two that failed on me.Just really erratic idle.Always was going to make a manual one.I still wonder though does the IACV open and close while motor is warm to keep a good idle and maybe even under certain conditions?All the cars do.Thats why I just bought a new one and moved on.Class900 with yours plugged you will just have to open throttle a bit starting it cold.I also did notice that it still needs to be plugged in to run correctly.That is reason I question if the thing has more than one function.

yamadjs08

#7 Post by yamadjs08 »

My original one took a dump too. It worked and moved, but must not have been working right, because it idled weird too...