New Cannondale Quad Exhaust

cannondale27

#41 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes Tom broke off a exhaust stud so it leaked.

aroracer72

#42 Post by aroracer72 »

Ill be interested in a Single w/spark arrestor.
Chad

cobradaler

#43 Post by cobradaler »

i have had a few ? about weight on the cans and pipes the c-dale logo cans and the nmotion cans weigh 2.5lbs and the fmf ti can that i have weighs 3.2lbs the pipes weigh 5.0lbs so a full set of duals is about 10lbs. Im ready to sell these if u guys are interested let me know im having some cans made up but i need to know what u guys are looking for.

hawksd1

#44 Post by hawksd1 »

QUOTE (cobradaler @ Mar 26 2007, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have had a few ? about weight on the cans and pipes the c-dale logo cans and the nmotion cans weigh 2.5lbs and the fmf ti can that i have weighs 3.2lbs the pipes weigh 5.0lbs so a full set of duals is about 10lbs. Im ready to sell these if u guys are interested let me know im having some cans made up but i need to know what u guys are looking for.

How much for the C dale logo slip-on to hmf head pipe? single

Speed 1B

#45 Post by Speed 1B »

I weighed the duals and found that JUST the head pipes weigh 5 lbs. My full HMF system with a cut down muffler also weighs 5 lbs. Im very concerned with weight so i had to know what kind of difference there would be between the systems. 7lbs= 1 Horsepower so unless you can keep the weight of the Duals down, it wouldnt be worth it. Ill be using FMF Ti mufflers on my duals cut down somewhere around 9'' depending on some testing. I figure the 2 cut down Ti mufflers will easily weigh the same or a good chance less than the huge HMF can. I look for my dual set-up to be right around 6 lbs.

aroracer72

#46 Post by aroracer72 »

Yeah its true 7lbs = 1hp....but in this circumstance its not directly related to rotating mass or much suspension weight so id guarantee it would be a no gain/loss situation.
Chad

cobradaler

#47 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (hawksd1 @ Mar 26 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much for the C dale logo slip-on to hmf head pipe? single

itll be 200.00 plus shipping if interested let me know. i need know colors to get cans made.

Speed 1B

#48 Post by Speed 1B »

aroracer i have to disagree with your claim. Let me explain why...

Saying that the weight wouldnt matter becasue it isnt directly related to rotating mass is false. Thats like saying if you and i both jumped on identical quads and you weighed more than me that i would not be faster. Anytime you can lose seven pounds it is the equivalent of gaining one hp at the rear wheel. It has nothing to do with rotating mass. On the other hand, if you added 7lbs to your axle, you would see more than a 1 horsepower loss...id guess around 2 or possibly 3 from my expierience. Anytime you make somthing lighter, it goes faster...hence weight rules in NHRA drag racing. I do agree that saving weight on rotating parts is more critical, and there is more to be gained in that area but anytime you can make a 300-350 lb machine 7 lbs lighter it will show up in your times. If you couldnt be faster from making your machine lighter, alot of companies would be out of business.

The point of my original post was this...I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the duals im going to run are going to weigh very close to the same amount as my previous exhaust and also add horsepower. Had the duals weighed 10-12 lbs and only gained 1 hp it would be a waste of time for myself personally to invest in this set-up.