Kawi 450R review on ATVscene

SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

http://www.atvscene.com/machines/kawasaki/kfx450r-07.html

And again they claim it's the first quad with full aluminum frame...

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

There's one on ATVRiders and we're putting together one over on ATV Source as well. I am actually going to be writing an article/review about one today/tomorrow to get up in the coming days on Source. LOTS of photos and info, but no video sadly. The other sites took care of that.

Oh, and in one of Scene's photos you can see my head, lol. Just thought that was funny.

MrSlithers

#3 Post by MrSlithers »

First ever quad with an aluminum frame?? rolleyes.gif

mxstar04

#4 Post by mxstar04 »

Its ok.. we all know who had the first FULL aluminum frame and first production atv with Fuel Injection....They can claim anything they want, well just stomp it and go on with our day wink.gif

383astro

#5 Post by 383astro »

I think we should let them know they are wrong. Give Cannondale its due.

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (383astro @ Mar 25 2007, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we should let them know they are wrong. Give Cannondale its due.

I agree. They soon forget about the American Powerhouse Cannondale who started it all.

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

One thing guys is that they atleast don't claim to be the first fuel injected machine and in a few reviews I've seen and interviews w/the people at Kaw, they have started saying they're the first Japanese manufacturer w/an aluminum frame. Before they were the first by their claims.

MrSlithers

#8 Post by MrSlithers »

QUOTE (Psychosis @ Mar 26 2007, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing guys is that they atleast don't claim to be the first fuel injected machine and in a few reviews I've seen and interviews w/the people at Kaw, they have started saying they're the first Japanese manufacturer w/an aluminum frame. Before they were the first by their claims.

That makes more sense. I just hate false claims....

mxstar04

#9 Post by mxstar04 »

QUOTE (MrSlithers @ Mar 26 2007, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes more sense. I just hate false claims....

Agreed....Cdale = God of all Fuel Injection ATV's!...Haha...well at least it sounded good and thats my opinon so yea...Ima Yamaha fan myself and the 700R Never impressed me at all....Then we bought a Cdale (Whistles in Excitement ) and that changed the game forever!...Id rather buy a dale than any of these new FI's, Its just the simple fact its like a Banshee - Extremely Fun to Ride - Unpredictable on whats going to happen next!! - Hence a Fractured Wrist....Whether it just be simpler to go buy a new quad or not, Id rather save that 7000 dollars and put into a Dale....and have about 2-3K left over to do whatever with...Once again just my Two Pennies worth....Everyones opinion differs.

Psychosis

#10 Post by Psychosis »

A good point there b/c none of the new quads have as good of EFI systems. All are limited on tuning. The only one so far that has something similar to the D&M kit we all use is Kaw, but their kit costs nearly $1000! It does allow basic tuning and map changing but also keeps track of the EXACT amount of hours ran, the average RPM range used, plus temperature and such.

Not too bad but the adjustments for tuning are very limited and primative compared to the C'Dale systems. And that was coming from the words of a Kaw rep.