3 days of riding Dale vs YFZ450...

Coleridge

#11 Post by Coleridge »

Will it be the crf motor out of the dirt bike, I wonder? When is it honda announces... sept. right.

I've rode a crf 450 bike, it's eye watering. It has no factory warranty on the motor though. They'll prolly change it some.

josborn

#12 Post by josborn »

Honda would be stupid not to use it, if they come out with anything other than that, it will flop in the racing community.

jamiesel

#13 Post by jamiesel »

my race results with the pea shooter in on the yammie. Both bone stock.

ppogue

450?

#14 Post by ppogue »

Nice, did they both have paddels? Just wondering if the race was with even tires. That makes a HUGE difference in the sand.

Motoman440

#15 Post by Motoman440 »

Do any of you guys know if there are extended A-Arms and Axles available for the YFZ other than what you can order from the factory??? I guess you'll need nerfs as well.

quad_freak14

#16 Post by quad_freak14 »

Does southbay offer anything that will give me more low end and not hurt the life of my engine? And still keep my reliability!?

Cheap too ??biggrin.gif

Psychosis

#17 Post by Psychosis »

So far I'm not hearing too much good on the YFZ's myself. I was talking w/a guy at ATVSource who went crazy since it was annouced that he was getting one. He went and picked it up and rode it for about 5 days and traded it for a DS650 b/c he didn't like it. He also has a 280 super modded Blaster that he claims is faster and has way more power. He's not the first owner to diss it's power or handling either. Every person I've seen to claim owning one has dissed it jumping control and midrange power.

And as a matter of fact, yesterday I picked up a local classifieds paper and sure enough someone has a YFZ w/only 2 tanks of gas through it for sale. It turns out that it's the one I looked at at my dealer's before it was picked up. Good try Yam, but not good enough.

jfarrar

#18 Post by jfarrar »

hey quadfreek south bay can make your motor do anything you need it to do.i got the stage 4 and had them port it for more low end and mid range power and wow the thing rips man.there kits also add reliability over stock.they open up oil passage ways and check every thing out inside the motor i could go on forever.i highly recomend them over anyone out there.kind of costly depending on how far you want to go but well worth it

saleen_1

#19 Post by saleen_1 »

hey ,jfarrar that thing rips huh.still waiting to get mine back.been waiting awhile now.tell me more please.mine went straight from the dealer.have not even rode it yet.

jfarrar

#20 Post by jfarrar »

pm'ed you saleen