NEED SOME HELP HERE

aroracer72

#1 Post by aroracer72 »

I need some serious help with bore/piston height measurements.

I have a short rod crank...FALICON........with a WISECO piston that came out of it.

NOW...the piston measures .667 of an inch from the top of the wrist pin hole to the top of the piston deck...............and a replacement piston that was sent to me that CLAIMS to run at 13:1 with the short rod set up reads .645 of an inch with the same measuring technique. And a stock ASSO reads .559 of an inch.

With my short rod/wiseco set up i was running...what compression was i getting?????
Chad

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

.020 is a prettybig difference.Probably a point.No way you can get any more life out of old piston?Never knew there were any Wisecos made for shortrod Falicons.

aroracer72

#3 Post by aroracer72 »

Soo with that wiseco i was running close to 13:1????
Chad

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Only way to know is to cc it or find someone with same setup who has done it.Like I said I never knew wisecos for shortrods existed.Either way you will have less with new piston you have.

GDITheman

#5 Post by GDITheman »

chad, i thought you were going to get the correct rod for the falicon. it is only about $200 with a new bearing and that eliminates the whole what piston do i have or need issue.

i think it's a good long term investment.

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

I was, but then i made a deal with Doug to trade my used short rod falicon for a new z400 updated stock crank and new sleeve/piston. But i havnt heard back fom him and im assuming that deal went sour.

And now im moving and need to get this engine back together before i move soo im going through options....one is to shave the head down and run a standard 450cc piston and get the compression desired. I know your gonna say theres issues but everything effected by shaving the head can be modified to work.
Chad

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Your going to shave the head that much just to avoid fixing the crank?Dont do it.Are you sure you had a Wiseco?I bet it was a JE.Pics?

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

I think you should get the right length rod so you don't have piston issues in the long run.

aroracer72

#9 Post by aroracer72 »

here yah go.
Chad

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Big Big pic!
Here is issue.Nobody ever made a Wiseco for shortrod Falicon.Yet that definitly is not a JE or Asso so it must be a Wiseco.I dont have one handy but stock Asso is .594 about from wristpin to top.A normal Wiseco would be same as Asso.Who did you get that first piston from?If it worked which it must have I would think you had between 12.5-13 which is real good but thats just estimate.Either way your going to have less with your new piston.