blaze doesn't start

Denny08

#1 Post by Denny08 »

I went riding this weekend at little sahara on the way back to the pit area, the blaze started to cut then died.I then went to start it and starter just clicks need some help on what it could be.

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

Really need some more information to help you out, but I'll give it a try.

Did you check the battery?
Did you check the battery connections?
Did you check the ground wires at the fuel regulator?
Did you check the fuse on the LF of the frame?
If all of that check out then do the following:
Pull the flywheel cover off and put a socket and ratchet on the flywheel nut and see if the motor will turn over with the transmission in neutral. If it doesn't turn over then your may have had a lower rod bearing failure.

GDITheman

#3 Post by GDITheman »

1st thing every one will tell you is the check all electrical connections especially the battery connections. second, check to make sure your batt is good and strong. a bad batt and it could act like that. i'll let the gurus give you more info.

Denny08

#4 Post by Denny08 »

battery is good put a socket on flywheel motor it turned one way but not the other at first.After I got to turn I tried to start it, it started for a short minute then shut off . Now if I try start, it just makes starter pull down but will not run

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Sounds like the crank is going..

Denny08

#6 Post by Denny08 »

how hard is it to replace the crank. Do you have to replace anything else if you catch it early?

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

If it's the crank, you are far beyond catching it early.

Avoid continued starting attempts against a seizing motor -- you will further damage things, like the one-way bearing, oil pumps, starter, etc.