HELP WHOS CLOSE TO VA WILL TRAVEL

Fash00

#1 Post by Fash00 »

Well thought i was finally going to fire this thing up and button the rest of the nerf bars and tightening swingarm and all tonight but looks like thats a no go. Had a buddy who has rebuilt a ton of 4 wheeler motor put the head back on for me and after making sure there is spark then putting it back together and putting tank back on but takin air cleaner off you can see flashes of light when trying to crank so apprently the cam timing is off. I prefer to bring the quad to someone who can drop motor then degree the cams and reinstall and fire or i can drop the motor myself and bring motor or something i dunno. Ive put alot of money into this and still cant ride i dunno what to do as im **** near broke so if you can help pm me or email me at fash00@aol.com i have extra parts or maybe some cash if someone is willing to help

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

No.Both exhaust and intake valves are open at same time at a point.When all four are open you would see some light if exhaust isnt on.If guy followed the manual and it turns over by hand do a compression test.It will tell alot.Might be ready to run.

Fash00

#3 Post by Fash00 »

So then what else could it be? Compression is good i know that as the motor was jsut gone through

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

It could be anything from piston ring missing, to cam timing, to wires not hooked up correctly. If you are in doubt then start inspecting things and tear the motor out if you think your timing could be off.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Fash00 @ May 7 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So then what else could it be? Compression is good i know that as the motor was jsut gone through

Unless you do a compression test you do not know if compression is good.If timing is way off compression test will show that.Do a compression test or pull the motor and confirm timing.Too me doing a simple test is alot easier than pulling motor.Also if guy who did it is experienced with 4st I doubt he messed up the timing but you never know.Just start with compression test.

Fash00

#6 Post by Fash00 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 7 2007, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you do a compression test you do not know if compression is good.If timing is way off compression test will show that.Do a compression test or pull the motor and confirm timing.Too me doing a simple test is alot easier than pulling motor.Also if guy who did it is experienced with 4st I doubt he messed up the timing but you never know.Just start with compression test.

Checked fuel today and the injectors are not pulsing. Ordered a new set and hopefully i just have two bad injectors going to test tomm if i can find my **** multimeter

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Was your fuel pump on? And did you double check all the wires were hooked up correctly? Its very easy to get the left injector and the temp sensor backwards.

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

Close to VA, huh? I'm near Petersburg, about 2-1/2 hours from you. Won't claim to be a pro wrench though, so I don't know how much help I can offer. I've been around awhile though and don't want to leave a 'daler hangin'. The bigger problem will be time. I've already got one 'dale in the garage that needs to be put back together and my other needs a little TLC, too. Last time I rode was South Pedlar, probably 10 minutes from your house, about 3 months ago.
I can use JayBr's copy of Dealer Cal so we could check for faults, reset TPS, blah, blah and I might be able to put some eyes on what other problems there might be. I'd suggest following through with suggestions that other's come up with and if that gets nowhere, we'll try to work something out to get together.

Fash00

#9 Post by Fash00 »

Fuel pump is on,theres spark,all wires are correct.Ordered new injectors last nite thinking that may be it.But found a set of car injectors today and just swapped them in to see if that was the case and they still dont fire.Checked all the grounds and they are fine.I have no clue what it could be. And on top of all this now i have a oil leak somewhere

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

I would suggest hooking a D&M to it and see if there is an injector fault. Can you see fuel flowing back into the tank?