HELP WHOS CLOSE TO VA WILL TRAVEL

Fash00

#11 Post by Fash00 »

Yup fuel flows back into the tank just fine steady stream

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (Fash00 @ May 7 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Checked fuel today and the injectors are not pulsing. Ordered a new set and hopefully i just have two bad injectors going to test tomm if i can find my **** multimeter

So, how do you know the injectors aren't firing? I can't ever remember hearing of both injectors going bad and very rare that even one went bad.
If you pull the plug after cranking, is it bone dry? That's also assuming it's a new plug, right? You can get an idea on compression by just trying to hold your hand over the hole. C27's suggested that before.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

I would double check your wiring like Happyboy suggested.Could be that the pickup sensor lead is on the temp sensor.Injectors wont fire unless a signal from pickup is there.

Fash00

#14 Post by Fash00 »

I know injectors arent firing because i took tb off and looked down the hole. When i saw they werent firing i popped them out of the head and turned key switch again to make sure.Swapped in car injectors today and they still didnt work. Temp sensor and crank sensor are in their correct places even took crank sensor out to make sure it didnt have any build up or anything.

haydug

#15 Post by haydug »

check your fuel pump. I just went through this with a bike, d&m showed no problems. Gutted the quick connects and didn't help. Switched fuel pumps, and viola!

yamadjs08

#16 Post by yamadjs08 »

Also, this might not be your problem, but I thought I would comment anyways. I have had a few different "stuck" injectors that wouldn't fire, after blowing them out with compressed air, and they are working great. I'm not sure if this could be bad for the injector, absolutely clueless. But I've done it to a couple now and they are both being used in a running quad now.

Fash00

#17 Post by Fash00 »

anyone got a spare fuel pump they know is good?

Fash00

#18 Post by Fash00 »

TTT..

Fash00

#19 Post by Fash00 »

bump HELP

wistech

#20 Post by wistech »

Can you give us some details about the quad. Was it a basket case. Was it running when you tore it down? What exactly did you do to the engine? How long since it last ran? What did you upgrade to the engine ,electrical,fuel? Many many times its something simple like a spun flywheel ,or kill switch wire hooked up wrong. If it ran before then the odds are good you dont have a suddenly failed part like a fuel pump or injector.