quads after a EF5 tornado

cobradaler

#1 Post by cobradaler »

here is a pic of my friends quad after the greensburg ks tornado that wiped out the whole town. we found it in a basement about 2 miles from where it was.

it used to be a very nice honda 450r.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Holy Cow! I always worried about my quads during a Hurricane. That thing looks like a truck landed on it!

blink.gif

cobradaler

#3 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (kdeal @ May 10 2007, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy Cow! I always worried about my quads during a Hurricane. That thing looks like a truck landed on it!

blink.gif

u should see his raptor its worse i cant get the pic of it to lode right now. his house is completely gone.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

OMG, I don't even understand how all that damage could happen. That really sucks for all of those people that have to deal with that tornado or any tornado.

ozarkdaler

#5 Post by ozarkdaler »

Well the main part is him and his family is okay. That sucks that happened to him.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow terrible.Maybe you could organize something like Jwheat did for Katrina.I would be happy to contribute to a effort like that.Are you okay?

cobradaler

#7 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 10 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow terrible.Maybe you could organize something like Jwheat did for Katrina.I would be happy to contribute to a effort like that.Are you okay?

im fine i live about 15 miles away him and his family are fine a little shook up but ok. all his belongings are gone. we think that the motor is ok so i was wondering how hard it would be to put it in a dale frame. i have an extra one with a-arms and swing arm and stuff ill need some misc. parts but not alot if u guys have any suggestions let me know he really loved this quad it would be kind of neet to keep part of it going.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Does it have electric start?Never saw it done but it could be.Rear shock is biggest obstacle since its in the way of carb.

cobradaler

#9 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 10 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it have electric start?Never saw it done but it could be.Rear shock is biggest obstacle since its in the way of carb.

no its kick start guess ill have to do some checking on things.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

That sucks. I wouldn'lt bother with the adaptation. I have seen it done with a few other motors and its a ton of work and custom welding. And I would have to ask, why put a POS motor in a great frame. wink.gif