12hr race

theJeStEr1340

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

A friend and I are seriously thinking about running the 12hr race this year in Tx. I have a way to get the quad and myself down there I am pretty sure, but we are both in college and don't have a lot of money. I have the bike, it is Pops TT bike, we will be putting the motor and everything in a new frame and pretty much building it from the ground up. We are looking for another ride, preferrably someone young because the team name is going to be "AtvNC Young Guns" and preferrably someone close to NC.

So I need some ideas, we are not expecting to win, but would like to finish. Timbo will be doing all the motor work, but I do not know where to start on setting the rest of the bike up, We will be using ASR +2+1 a-arms with 4+1 rims, I have a set of beadlocks, but will be trying to borrow another set for the race (possible donation?), stock axle, wave rotors, lights (stock + maybe some handle bar mounted? again possible donation?).

So anyone up for helping?

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

PM member "nsane" on this site. He is from NC and actually runs a site for NC ATVs. He should be able to help you find someone. He is also into Cannondales big time. His name is Jason.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

I'll help you out with suggestions as a person who has been at the course go as wide as possible. A moto axle and go standard offset instead of narrower. The wider stance will definitely help. Lights you will need way better than stock as they don't work for poo. I know this is money, but it is more for safety than anything else. As for the rest you have to figure out where to stay and what not too. Good luck and if I had anything to give you I would, but I am low on funds myself.

theJeStEr1340

#4 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

K deal, I knwo Jason. I am am member on his site.

Thanks for the input derno. I only have a set of 4+1 front beadlocks though.

Fash00

#5 Post by Fash00 »

PM me more info on the race i may be interested in going with you guys and racing