Can-Am DS450...

GDITheman

#21 Post by GDITheman »

I found a left over DS 650 Baja X with all the extras that came stock right before I bought my Dale. Came real close to getting it, but the Dale seemed to be calling me more. I like the DS650. I think it's a bit big for the riding I do, but I think it's a nice setup. The 450 market is about a lightyear and a half ahead of the 650 right now. Looking at the 650, I just wonder how far advanced the 450 will be. If it's gimmicky, then screw it. There are some serious players involved already to choose from. I'm still holding high hopes for the KTM 450.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

I am thinking they maybe will go with the beam type frame like they have on thier utilities except aluminum with a twist of triangulated like the frame they invented on the Rev and everyone has copied.That would be different and not a gimick if it worked could save alot of wieght there.Motorwise they could be first to go with directinjection in a quad 4st.Lots of possibilities with that company that are being done thier other machines already.

GDITheman

#23 Post by GDITheman »

frame details are out:

http://www.can-amds450.com

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow I guessed pretty close on that one.Nobody can say they arent thinking out of the box on this one.

GDITheman

#25 Post by GDITheman »

Maybe they lost the box. Anyone have experience with the funky fasteners they use to join the frame members? I've seen them before, but not used in this environment. Looks interesting. The video sounds like a complete jab at the KFX frame. After looking at the KFX frame some this morning, it does appear to be weaker, heavier and not as thought out as the Can Am or Dale frames.

How do you mount an engine in Can Am frame? Looks the like triangles take up a lot of room.

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup ditched the box and moved to the Pyramids!Looks to me like at least the middle one must be removable?

jesshamner

#27 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah it looks to me like the middle one is removable and because the top rail is a a triangle, it should be high enough that the motor will clear.

Happyboy

#28 Post by Happyboy »

The front suspension it out today. All aluminum a-arms. And they test on a MX track. I really wish they would just take them in the woods and have accidents and see what happens. I can't imagine anything good. But, take a look near the end of the video and check out the hub/spindle all together, pretty cool looking. Square brake disc!!??

GDITheman

#29 Post by GDITheman »

very intersting to say the least. i'm actually hoping this works for them now.

CannondaleRider

#30 Post by CannondaleRider »

I like it......a lot. Lots of cool features, very different, makes a lot of sense....and i've been a fan of BRP/Can-Am for awhile...just didn't have a bike for my terrain.....should be interesting to see what it can do.

I wasn't sure about the Aluminum A-Arms at first. BUT, my guys from the WORCS series(Josh and Jeremy) are on the bike pushing it to the limit of its durability.....if it stands up to their abuse, it will do just fine, lol.