Good C-dale exposure!

KRAHEZ1

#51 Post by KRAHEZ1 »

"I've been with Dales since '02 and we have never had any problems until now"

Hope its not your 1st teardown or will be alot more breakin. Just askin. Preventative maintenence,preventative maintenence,preventative maintenence.Now I'm just tell'in. Change the flywheel before it breaks, preventative maintenance.You know how often they spin for ya replace before that time.Thats about a 6 pack a week less and there's a free flywheel.Me I'd work another couple hrs instead of givin it up but a budgets a budget. Give it a teardown and check your flywheel side bearing and crank runnout could be the problem.A true mechanic knows its machines internals,not just replacing parts when it breaks but before it breaks and symptoms. I'd seriously pull that crank and check for runout and case bearing wear. So this is your 1st problem with the Dale. If you have your 1st problem with the lady you going else where also. Dude stick with the Dale and start doin some preventative maintence works with the ladies too I here.I'm still lookin for one to find out with,but I do have my Dale so I'm well pleased. Get that Dale Rac'in as it was born to do!and make us proud!

UpsMan

#52 Post by UpsMan »

KRAHEZ1 I don't know who you are , but I like your style.

cannondale27

#53 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh Yeah!

Derno24

#54 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (KRAHEZ1 @ May 22 2007, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I've been with Dales since '02 and we have never had any problems until now"

Hope its not your 1st teardown or will be alot more breakin. Just askin. Preventative maintenence,preventative maintenence,preventative maintenence.Now I'm just tell'in. Change the flywheel before it breaks, preventative maintenance.You know how often they spin for ya replace before that time.Thats about a 6 pack a week less and there's a free flywheel.Me I'd work another couple hrs instead of givin it up but a budgets a budget. Give it a teardown and check your flywheel side bearing and crank runnout could be the problem.A true mechanic knows its machines internals,not just replacing parts when it breaks but before it breaks and symptoms. I'd seriously pull that crank and check for runout and case bearing wear. So this is your 1st problem with the Dale. If you have your 1st problem with the lady you going else where also. Dude stick with the Dale and start doin some preventative maintence works with the ladies too I here.I'm still lookin for one to find out with,but I do have my Dale so I'm well pleased. Get that Dale Rac'in as it was born to do!and make us proud!

I for one take exception to your statement about maintenance. He is spinning flywheels what maintenance can be done. As for the rest of you saying change your riding style you must be nuts. I would love to see Michelle keep handing it to the other bikes, but you all have to be realistic it is way too expensive to rely on a quad where there is no aftermarket support at all. I wasn't going to post, but Brian (Usamoto) has been in this since the word go and does his own motor work and does well. He has always given it his all to put a cdale on the podium and now is catching flack and treated like a kid? Man get a grip back off and if you don't have a solution to the problem keep your opinions to yourself. As for him wanting to be with his girlfriend and work on her quad what is the problem with that. A racer has enough to do at races why do you think any of the top riders have pit help.

Now leave Moto alone and all you bench racers chill out.

Oh yeah for a guy who has soo much mouth why only 16 posts. You had a dale for 4 years and only just found this site? Or do oyu just now feel the need to bust the balls of the only person (Michelle) with enough guts to race a dale at a national.

cannondale27

#55 Post by cannondale27 »

Jeeze why so tense?I think guy was just trying to say if a pattern can be established then change it before it breaks.I doubt any pattern can be found though.Nobody has to vouch for USA we all know he does his best for sure.All you guys seem to have lost your sense of humor.You have to admit the post had style Derno.Cmon

Derno24

#56 Post by Derno24 »

I agree it has style, but it was not in jest and was questioning someones bike prepping. Would you like it if I questioned your bike maintenance? As for chilling out I am always fine just making sure people aren't losing site of what i important which is helping Michelle and not playing bench racer. Or Monday morning quarterback. They are in the trenches figthing the fight.

cannondale27

#57 Post by cannondale27 »

To add to broke cases here is one from last weekend.Peeling Nikasil or whatever they use on cylinder.Nothing is perfect.

QUOTE (Derno24 @ May 22 2007, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree it has style, but it was not in jest and was questioning someones bike prepping. Would you like it if I questioned your bike maintenance? As for chilling out I am always fine just making sure people aren't losing site of what i important which is helping Michelle and not playing bench racer. Or Monday morning quarterback. They are in the trenches figthing the fight.

The guy obviously doesnt have a clue about USA's prep.I get crap all the time about blowing motors.No biggie.I saw his main point being not to switch brands.I 100% support that.Do you?

UpsMan

#58 Post by UpsMan »

That guys posts are funny, I don't care who you are. I mean come on, "it's just like baking in the oven and all women are good at that". That is funny.

peterock

#59 Post by peterock »

I agree with his posts. Don't bail on the cannondale. How many races has she not finished due to this problem? Every time you line up at the gate there is that chance of somehting not holding together regardless of what quad you are on. Changing to the suzuki won't change that. Have Michelle ride the quad she is most familiar with.

Crazie

#60 Post by Crazie »

The LT-R450's that have failing cases are high horsepower (read racer built) '07 models. The fix is to throw an '06 case in, or just use an '06 to begin with.

I've heard stock (or non-highly modded) '07's are fine.

USAMoto,

Hang in there, and as far as switching brands to keep points, you have to do what gets you to the finish line. Any racer knows you can't win if you don't finish.