Frank White's latest response on the future of ATK

UpsMan

#21 Post by UpsMan »

Didn't yamaha sell the banshee for about 20 years with no changes, as well as the blaster, kawasaki mojave?

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

The market wasn't the same for a long time. Its different now. Besides, Yamaha sells a few more units than Cannondale or ATK ever thought about. They also sell every other kind of toy you can imagine to equalize a drop in sales in the ATV sector. You can't really make that comparison.
They're discontinuing the banshee and blaster from what I hear. I just read today that they're coming out with a 250 4 stroke to replace the blaster. And they have been talking about stopping production of the banshee. The market just isn't there. But like I said, they have other sales that can support that.

GDITheman

#23 Post by GDITheman »

i am seeing a lot of action from the other companies and decided to bust frank's balls a bit. i'd like to get a new quad next year after all the contenders are out and i'm hoping atk may actually try to stay in the race.

the banshee was built when there really wasn't much else to look at. now there are a lot of options and companies are really competing again.

jesshamner

#24 Post by jesshamner »

I'm with you on the hoping part. I'm not in the market to buy but I hope that ATK can make it. I just hate broken promises. I wish the best for ATK. Just show me some sign of life.

UpsMan

#25 Post by UpsMan »

One thing is for certain. There are a lot of hard feelings towards ATK from the very people that should be their biggest supporters and current and future customers. The ball got dropped big time somehow. And one other thing is for certain. I love this quad, and it says ATK on the side of it. It also says cannondale on the gas cap, hand grips, well, all over the place actually. I'm very thankful that the insane dedicated cannondale community has done so much to make this quad as reliable and powerful as it is. I love this quad.

jesshamner

#26 Post by jesshamner »

I agree with you 100%. The ball was dropped. I would love to be able to support them. And I absolutely love my quad.

Now...can ATK pick the ball up and get it rolling again?

haydug

#27 Post by haydug »

Maybe ATK needs to start playing ball, and give up on on the quads. What do you think sandstorm?

NorCalRacer

#28 Post by NorCalRacer »

My quad is an ATK, but I took off all the stickers and call it a C-Cale. I can't stand the people at ATK, useless liars with nothing but BS and excuses. I have gotten all the help I needed from this site and the other one, nothing but misinformation and flat out lies from ATK. That company runs itself l;ke a bad joke and I wouldn't believe a single word out of Frank White's mouth, ever.

Good thing there are people in this community to keep it going, If it was just ATK these quads would be in the past.

Psychosis

#29 Post by Psychosis »

I'll agree on MOST don't know anything. I have talked w/one person there but the name escapes me who was very informative and helped me out/returned calls w/in minutes. However, nobody else has ever even returned a call, EXCEPT when I was ordering something; and then I had to make several calls to get a return even.

One person at ATK told me that a-arms from other manufacturers other than ASR might not fit on the frame and cause problems. can anyone explain that?

UpsMan

#30 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Psychosis @ May 24 2007, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll agree on MOST don't know anything. I have talked w/one person there but the name escapes me who was very informative and helped me out/returned calls w/in minutes. However, nobody else has ever even returned a call, EXCEPT when I was ordering something; and then I had to make several calls to get a return even.

One person at ATK told me that a-arms from other manufacturers other than ASR might not fit on the frame and cause problems. can anyone explain that?

Without being in on the conversation, I couldn't explain it. Apparently they were trying to steer you in the direction of buying the a-arms that they sell. Other manufacturers a-arms might not fit. That is a pretty safe general statement. They might fit. Might not. I don't really see much of a problem with them trying to sell you something they offer. Isn't that what companies do?