A Good Roll Away Tool Box

UpsMan

#11 Post by UpsMan »

I guess I don't have enough tools yet.

J. Delaney

#12 Post by J. Delaney »

I turned wrenches for a living for 12 years so I have more than the average shade tree mechanic (about $30K worth). I bet Wistechs got some neat tools, too.

thedeatons

#13 Post by thedeatons »

Craftsman is my choice. They are easy, usually close, and have a great warranty on the majority of their stuff. I would get one of their doublewide boxes, as you will fill it up quicker than you think. Mine is their biggest chest and roll away, but in a single wide, and now it is full.... This means I have to go find another toolbox, or go ahead and upgrade to the double wide now. I never needed this much stuff until I started working on quads and cars.... Ball bearing slides are a must, although I do not really like their grip latch system....

NorCalRacer

#14 Post by NorCalRacer »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ May 28 2007, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Craftsman is my choice. They are easy, usually close, and have a great warranty on the majority of their stuff. I would get one of their doublewide boxes, as you will fill it up quicker than you think. Mine is their biggest chest and roll away, but in a single wide, and now it is full.... This means I have to go find another toolbox, or go ahead and upgrade to the double wide now. I never needed this much stuff until I started working on quads and cars.... Ball bearing slides are a must, although I do not really like their grip latch system....

I just got a Craftsman with ball bearing drawers and it works great. I understand what you mean about the latch system though, still getting used to it, but no real complaints. And I don't stand in the drawers, but I wouldn't call this thing fragile.

RonDK

#15 Post by RonDK »

QUOTE (NorCalRacer @ May 28 2007, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got a Craftsman with ball bearing drawers and it works great. I understand what you mean about the latch system though, still getting used to it, but no real complaints. And I don't stand in the drawers, but I wouldn't call this thing fragile.

I went and checked those out - I think the price was awesome...Something like $500-700 for everything. Thats including the bottom and top part and the drawers were amazing to open--Smooth as butter. It was a big box for the money.

WJR

#16 Post by WJR »

Costco it was. Went and checked out a few and did a lot of web research. The stainless costco model is made by CSPS metals who also makes stuff for Hammerhead, except you pay 3 -4 time as much. In fact, if you look at the Costco vs the older Hammerhead model, they look exactly the same. I don't know how good Hammerhead is, but there is a lot of hoopla about them. Anyway, this one feels pretty good and solid. Opens smooth, minimal side to side wobble, and has a decent weight rating, certaiinly not inifinate and I wouldn't sit myself in a drawer, but I think it'll work great for me, the price sure did, 750 after tax. If anyone else is thinking about one of these, I read somewhere that Costco is going to be changing brands, to a cheaper made one, but for the same price.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions biggrin.gif

WJR