Flywheel issues, what exactly happens?

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

I agree more than just flywheel issue.Bearing alignement also.Figure if crank mainbearings arent lined up that flywheel is constantly trying to force it lined up.There were some cartridge plates that were off.4stmadman even said that.Also any converted cases could easily be off.

claas900

#12 Post by claas900 »

How do you tell if the crank plate is off? Also not sure were I found this http://www.emachineshop.com/audio/index.htm but its neat might be something to look at. I might have even found it on here not sure. You can click on Basic 3D its worht a watch.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Would have to remove crank and indicate both holes with crankplate torqued down.Probably a easier way but I am not sure where else to go off.

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

It all depends on what you are looking for. The inside of the cases are machined to be able to indicate the bearing hole.

wayneschofield

#15 Post by wayneschofield »

I think its going to be difficult to get them done for $100, to be honest.

I would be pretty surprised if that can be done, especially over here....

The strength of the pound against the dollar will probably make it much less expensive to do it over there I think....

I'll have to look at the numbers more closely I don't fancy owning ????10,000 worth of flywheels.... I only need one!

The material (EN24T) alone is going to cost about $10 each....

Does anyone (other than me) want a different tooth format so you can use a different ECU to allow 'live' mapping?

Let's see how things go....

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Well $100 is something to shoot for for sure.I am lost as far as different ECU's and live mapping.What do you mean?