Ultimate Hybrid - Cdale Chassis and Apilia V twin

GDITheman

#11 Post by GDITheman »

Spoke with Art this morning. Very helpful and knowledgable. He has an SXV 550 in stock and can sell for around $2800. The engine is about 70 pounds. The ECU is about $1k and and the wiring harness is about $260. He sounded flexible on working with the prices on accessories. The head pipes are pretty cheap.

He seems to be the only dealer stocking the engines. He sells them internationally since no one else seems to be.

Any ideas on modifying the Cdale frame or would another frame be better to start with?

Fash00

#12 Post by Fash00 »

I think the cdale frame would be better since you have the removable cradle to work with

Psychosis

#13 Post by Psychosis »

Is there any email address or website to get ahold or Art at? Rather than call that is. Would love to make a project out of a C'Dale frame and the V engine; 450 or 550. It'd probably take me a year to get done but would be a good project.

GDITheman

#14 Post by GDITheman »

no website. art answered the phone when i called. if he doesn't know you he may be bit stand offish, but he warmed up quickly and was very helpful.

aroracer72

#15 Post by aroracer72 »

Ummm........what are you gonna do about a air filter/airboot for that wierd meshed together throttle body openings????
Chad

CannondaleRider

#16 Post by CannondaleRider »

I was wondering the same thing.

I think my dad and I both have our minds made up on what kind of hybrid we would build as dune bikes, lol.

GDITheman

#17 Post by GDITheman »

Very odd looking setup to me. they must have an airbox and snorkle or some other setup which could be adapted.

wayneschofield

#18 Post by wayneschofield »

Magnesium water pump cover?...... I can see into the future.... better stock up on the Evans coolant....

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea.I guess from reading the mags this motor and bike was redesigned this year after pulling out of last years racing in Europe.Must be a few issues.Wayne have you seen the Jaguar block and head are all Magnesium?I wonder how they manage that?

Psychosis

#20 Post by Psychosis »

I was looking at one of 550's today as I found someone who has one of the SV v-twins. The thing looked quite interesting on the design but only got to catch a glimpse of it basically. Very small looking engine but luckily I found out who owns it and plan and taking a closer look soon.