Saw This on Exriders..

RonDK

#1 Post by RonDK »

speed 450mx

#2 Post by speed 450mx »

Yea I saw that last night and I was laughing my a$$ off.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

At last the mystery is solved. The flywheel bearing snout snapped. Id say that was a metalurgy problem and not caused by the accident. Ive seen one other crank break but it was at the pin journal on a stock crank also. Here all this time we thought the zbearing failed . LOL

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that video you can definitly hear the motor is what caused that crash.I couldnt tell that from other vids I have seen of that.Glad she came through without being more seriously injured.And yes now we know exactly what happened.It was a fluke.Never seen that before.

speed 450mx

#5 Post by speed 450mx »

It sure would have been nice if she would have sent it back to wistech so that we would have found out along time ago.

MyCannibal

#6 Post by MyCannibal »

definitely not caused by the accident...that truck wasnt even nearly as bad as I thought...IMO.

azcannon

#7 Post by azcannon »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Jul 15 2007, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
definitely not caused by the accident...that truck wasnt even nearly as bad as I thought...IMO.

Before I would agree I would like to see the case on that engine . After all how do you know the front motor mount wasn't cracked or how the quad was in the back of the truck to where some heavy vehicle didn't transfer a lot of stress through the swingarm/rear engine mount. If the rear axle got hit and pushed the motor forward it could sure change things up front by the crank.

Junst My thoughts

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Pretty cool little vid. Glad she came out of it alright. Yeah, I don't think it was caused by the truck accident. Very little damage.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

Was this on the actual MTV Scarred show or is the just an internet thing?

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe it said it was a preview of upcoming shows?

Man I hate seeing bones break ohmy.gif