Watch out for this quad on E-Bay

ABM-CANNIBAL

#1 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I was looking on E-Bay and came across a familiar picture. They are using my picture.
My Quad on E-Bay

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Thats weird. The discription doesn't match the picture, thats for sure. Maybe they didn't have a digital camera and 'borrowed' a picture from the internet and it just happend to be yours. They have a lot of positive feedback, so I doubt it is a scam. They give a phone number to call and want cash at time of pick-up. Sounds pretty safe to me.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#3 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

If you bid on this you really don't know what you are bidding on. My picture shows a showroom quad with nipples still on the tires. Mine shows Ohlins, you might get Arvins. You don't know from there discription. These days you can buy a disposible camera and get them put on a CD.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

I have seen scammers with high feedback totals before. If they can hack into someone else's account, they can pretty much change anything. BUT, it says local pick-up only, so I don't think this is the case. Send them a message to seller and ask if that is a picture of the bike before you tell them it's your picture.

mad.gif

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

thats true. you should message them and ask if that is the quad in the pic...then if they say yes report it to ebay.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#6 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I didn't even think of doing that. ****, I sent her a message saying it was my quad and this is the response I got.

Hi, I am SO sorry about this. I am selling the quad for someone else, and he told me that the quad in the photo was exactly like his and to use the picture. I will make him get me a picture of his actual quad.... I just realized that with a bid I can't change the photo because there is a bid. If you want me to, I will cancel the auction...again, sorry, Dawn

So what I see is someone is selling a quad for someone else that has never even seen the quad and using someone elses good feedback to do it.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

yup yup...so, you get your quad running yet?

ABM-CANNIBAL

#8 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Not yet. I still need to try the starting fluid, take a pic of the flywheel to see if it is spun and need to stick a probe in the spark plug hole and turn to see if I sheared a key. I will do this all on Sunday. No time in the afternoons with my kids having soccer practice. I hope one of these things help me find out what the problem is. Maybe I will hope it is the injectors so I can have a reason to buy Harley Injectors.